Test your Euro soccer knowledge
As the 2012 European Football Championships approach, why not try this fun quiz?
1) Who were the inaugural winners of the European Championship in 1960?
2) Whose chipped penalty helped Czechoslovakia to a shoot-out victory over West Germany in the 1976 final?
3) Which city hosted the final of the 1988 European Championship, which featured a spectacular volleyed goal by Holland’s Marco van Basten?
4) Which country did Denmark replace in the 1992 finals in Sweden?
You may also want to watch:
5) Who is the top scorer overall in the finals of the European Championship, with nine in total?
6) Which were the first finals to feature 16 teams, rather than eight?
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 10 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
7) Who netted the winning goal in the final of Euro 2000 which made France continental champions as well as world champions?
8) Name the two teams who featured in the first and last matches of Euro 2004.
9) Who scored the first and last goals at Euro 2008?
10) Which team scored the most goals en route to qualification for Euro 2012, with 37?
1. The Soviet Union
2. Antonin Panenka
5. Michel Platini
6. Euro 96 in England
7. David Trezeguet
8. Greece and Portugal
9. Vaclav Sverkos (Czech Republic) and Fernando Torres (Spain)