Alex Tettey denies he is in talks with Rosenborg about summer move as his Norwich contract runs down
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Alex Tettey has calmed reports that he has agreed to join former club Rosenborg next summer.
The 31-year-old is out of contract in June and could see his Canaries spell coming to an end, having joined from Rennes in 2012 and made over 150 appearances.
Tettey was quoted in Norwegian newspaper VG on Friday, saying that his representatives have spoken to Rosenborg, the club he began his career with. The tough-tackler was capped 34 times by Norway, scoring three goals, but decided to retire from international football earlier this year due to knee problems.
“It’s not true that I am in dialogue with Rosenborg Football Club,” the City midfielder posted on his @AlexTettey86 Twitter account. ”I haven’t spoken to any club about my future and if I have any news, then I will share it with you guys.”
His statement follows the story in VG quoting the Ghana-born battler as saying: “Those I’m working with have talked to Rosenborg. I can certainly say that. It is (agent) Bjørn Tore Kvarme who has talked with them.”
Also carrying a ‘no comment’ addition from Rosenborg sporting director Stig Inge Bjørnebye, the article states that Norwich are yet to discuss a potential new contract with the popular midfielder.
You may also want to watch:
Tettey has been a big miss for Daniel Farke’s team in the last two months, with bleeding in his calf keeping him out of the team, coinciding with City’s seven-game stretch without a win in the Championship.
He continued in VG by saying: “There is no doubt that my wife wants to go home if there is an offer from Norway. She is from Trondheim. Most likely, we will settle there anyway.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
“I’m not 19 years old any more. I do not need a lucrative offer, but it must be a good option. I do not make any big demands if I go home. If a club comes with a good solution, I may be interested.”
Tettey, who is due to return to full training in the next couple of weeks, would be free to talk to clubs in January but has for now clarified that he is not in talks with Rosenborg, where he played between 2004 and 2009.