City midfielder’s superb 2014 strike in the running for Goal of the Decade
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Alex Tettey’s 2014 wonder-strike against Sunderland has seen the Norwich City midfielder shortlisted for Sky Sports’ Goal of the Decade prize, which has now been put to a public vote.
Tettey's goal is the only Canaries contender among the top 40 selected for the competition - although three goals against City and two former Norwich strikers are also on the list.
The former Norway international's brilliant 25-yard volley during a 2-0 win over Sunderland at Carrow Road in February 2014 has made the cut, a River End goal which will always be remembered fondly by the Carrow Road faithful for its pure power.
The goals against the Canaries are kicked off by a similar strike from Fraizer Campbell for Sunderland, as City lost 3-0 at the Stadium of Light in February 2012.
Also included is Jack Wilshere completing a wonderful team goal against the Canaries as Arsenal won 4-1 at the Emirates in October 2013.
You may also want to watch:
The other will come as little surprise, scored by a man the Canaries hated facing: Luis Suarez.
The Uruguay and Barcelona superstar scored 12 goals in six games against Norwich during his Liverpool days and his long-range strike during the Reds' 5-1 victory at Anfield in December 2013 is currently featuring his in the voting.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 3 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 5 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
The two former Norwich players to feature on the shortlist are Cameron Jerome and Johan Elmander.
Jerome's awesome strike for Stoke against Southampton in December 2012 and an Elmander goal at Wolves for Bolton in November 2010 have made the cut.