Thank you for reminding me why I support Norwich City
And breathe, it’s over, we’ve done it, City fans everywhere can now relax and return to some sort of normality after the stress of the last few weeks.
The trouble with momentous seasons is that you don’t know that they are going to be momentous until the very end, so it can be a tortuous ride at times.
Like most of my fellow City fans, I have thought of very little else over the last month, and probably been a pain in the neck to live and work with.
There has even been the odd occasion when racked with tension, I have envied those who ‘dont get’ football, who come out with the ‘twenty two grown men kicking a bag of wind about’ rhetoric. Not for them the bitten finger nails, the sleepless nights, the stomach churning last minutes of a game, being glued to teletext dreading goal flashes, watching the last few minutes of a game through your fingers.
But these occasions haven’t lasted for long. Being a City fan right now is the best feeling ever and I wouldn’t swap it for the world. I think in all my years of following City this has been my most enjoyable season, because everything has turned out perfectly.
You may also want to watch:
So a massive thank you from me to Paul Lambert and his coaching staff.
Thank you for erasing all those years of hurt, and finally for me personally, laying the ‘what if?’ ghost of Martin O’Neill to rest.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Reported target set to snub Canaries
- 2 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 3 Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- 4 'A lot of potential there' - City defender on trial at Coventry
- 5 Exiled City duo feature in stunning U23 friendly comeback
- 6 City confirm midfielder exit
- 7 'He is going to be a top, top player'- City star on Gilmour
- 8 Fans set for Carrow Road return in Gillingham friendly
- 9 Fans could need both jabs to attend Premier League matches under new plans
- 10 Farke savours Lees-Melou masterclass
Thank you for achieving back-to-back promotions when much more revered managers haven’t even come close.
Thank you for doing it on a shoestring while all around us squandered their millions.
Thank you for the euphoria of those late goals.
Thank you for sticking with such a talismatic, Roy of the Rovers type captain and centre forward, who scores lots of goals, and who gets right under the skin of opposition fans. I love him.
Thank you for humiliating Ipswich home and away.
Thank you for giving us a team from which it is practically impossible to pick your player of the season.
But most of all, thank you for reminding me why I support Norwich City.