Thank you for reminding me why I support Norwich City
And breathe, it’s over, we’ve done it, City fans everywhere can now relax and return to some sort of normality after the stress of the last few weeks.
The trouble with momentous seasons is that you don’t know that they are going to be momentous until the very end, so it can be a tortuous ride at times.
Like most of my fellow City fans, I have thought of very little else over the last month, and probably been a pain in the neck to live and work with.
There has even been the odd occasion when racked with tension, I have envied those who ‘dont get’ football, who come out with the ‘twenty two grown men kicking a bag of wind about’ rhetoric. Not for them the bitten finger nails, the sleepless nights, the stomach churning last minutes of a game, being glued to teletext dreading goal flashes, watching the last few minutes of a game through your fingers.
But these occasions haven’t lasted for long. Being a City fan right now is the best feeling ever and I wouldn’t swap it for the world. I think in all my years of following City this has been my most enjoyable season, because everything has turned out perfectly.
You may also want to watch:
So a massive thank you from me to Paul Lambert and his coaching staff.
Thank you for erasing all those years of hurt, and finally for me personally, laying the ‘what if?’ ghost of Martin O’Neill to rest.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 9 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
Thank you for achieving back-to-back promotions when much more revered managers haven’t even come close.
Thank you for doing it on a shoestring while all around us squandered their millions.
Thank you for the euphoria of those late goals.
Thank you for sticking with such a talismatic, Roy of the Rovers type captain and centre forward, who scores lots of goals, and who gets right under the skin of opposition fans. I love him.
Thank you for humiliating Ipswich home and away.
Thank you for giving us a team from which it is practically impossible to pick your player of the season.
But most of all, thank you for reminding me why I support Norwich City.