The Grove are on the up
A combination of County Cup games and torrential rain resulted in a reduced fixture list for the first Sunday of November. The Grove made light of the conditions, coming back from Wymondham Rangers with a 5-1 win.
A combination of County Cup games and torrential rain resulted in a reduced fixture list for the first Sunday of November. The Grove made light of the conditions, coming back from Wymondham Rangers with a 5-1 win. Goals by Feavyer, Brown, Greening, Balls and Jones saw the side move up to second place in the Premier Division, five points behind the leaders The Silver Fox who won 3-1,( Waite, Boast & og) at Salhouse Rovers.
The two bottom sides in 1A both gained their first victories. Nick Belgrave scored a hat trick as Unthank Arms came from behind to beat Windmill Arms 4-3, whilst Mark Critten also claimed a treble as Hainford YCOB won 6-1 at Rose Valley Utd. Wade, George and Bush completed the scoring. There were high scoring games in 1B as Drayton beat Unicorns 6-3, Sprowston Wanderers also won 6-3 at Manor Park and Aylsham Sunday thumped Hillside OB 7-1.
Despite goals by Macisaac and Mather, Deopham went down 5-2 at home to Green Man who now top 2A. Yaxley and Grimmer were on target as Acle Wanderers won 2-1 at The Griffen whilst Norman Wanderers "A" beat Coachmakers Arms 4-1. St Faiths are still unbeaten in 2B after a 4-1 win at Thorpe Rovers whilst Spixworth Sunday had a 3-1 home win over Poringland Res.
In 3A, Mad Moose came from 3-1 down to gain a point in a 3-3 draw at Sporting Longdale whilst The Otter claimed the only goal of the game against Temple Bar. Bystanders continue to have no luck, this time going down 5-3 at home to Heartsease Casuals. Wymondham Rangers Res won their local derby at Hethersett Reserves 3-2 and moved into second spot in 3B. Taverham United went down 3-2 at home to Dynamo Denmark and Unicorns Res had a 7-3 win over Aylsham Sunday Res.
You may also want to watch:
Dancing Farmers produced a great fight back to gain a point in a 3-3 draw against second placed Hellesdon Res in 4A. Goals by R.Cressey, Burrage, Meanwell and S. Cressey gave Earlham Colney a 4-0 home win over AFC Mousehold and Norwich Airport gained their first victory of the season with a 4-0 win over Sporting Longdale Res. Hingham are up to second in 4B after a 5-0 win over Wendene, whilst Hethersett "A" had a good 2-1 victory at Earlham Utd Res. Felmingham beat Constitution 7-3 and the game between AFC Oak and Freethorpe ended all square at one each.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can City extend their lead at the top of the table with victory over Luton Town?
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 8 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City loan watch: Sinani on target and Morris scores for MK Dons in midweek fixtures