The latest Pink Un magazine is out – and Steve Morison makes an appearance!
- Credit: Archant
Striker Steve Morison looks set for a Carrow Road return this season – and admits it will be a tough battle to keep his Millwall side in the Championship.
The 33-year-old, who scored 10 goals in 53 appearances in a two-year spell at Norwich before moving to Leeds in 2013, returned to Millwall in the summer of 2015 and hasn’t looked back.
Morison had earned legendary status amongst The Den faithful, scoring the winner in the League One play-off final against Bradford that means Morison will be coming up against Norwich this season.
But, in an exclusive interview in the latest Pink Un magazine, Morison admits the Championship is fraught with danger.
“I don’t think you can pick it at the moment – it’s arguably the most competitive league in the world,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We are going to be one of the favourites to go down but that’s the way we like it.
“It’s going to be really tough again – some big teams have come up with us in from League One and some massive clubs have come down from the Premier League.
- 1 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 2 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw
- 3 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 8 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
“But we’re on a level playing field and it’s shaping up to be a really exciting season.”
Morison will be coming up against Norwich early in the season – at the end of this month – before the return fixture at Carrow Road on New Year’s Day.
“I think it’s going to be really interesting – I do keep an eye out for Norwich’s results obviously because of my time there,” he said.
“I think we face each other over the festive period – it’s classed as a local game for them isn’t it!”
As well as the interview with Morison, we also speak to a man who knows City head coach Daniel Farke inside out, there’s a chat with former Canaries winger and current coach Adrian Forbes, a superb Pride and Prejudice article by Di Cunningham, a look at City’s Championship rivals, the best and worst foreign players over the years, the return of the Secret Sunday Footballer and an insight into the owner of one of Norfolk’s top non league clubs... and more!
The Pink Un Magazine costs £3.99 and is available from today from any good retailer or you can order online at www.buyamag.co.uk/pink6