The Norwich City Debate - Dave and Connor answer your questions
- Credit: PA
It proved to be a nightmare return to Premier League action for Norwich City, leaving plenty to be discussed in our regular Monday lunchtime Canaries debate.
After a three-month enforced break due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the season resumed behind closed doors at Carrow Road on Friday night.
The Saints took control of the game with two goals in five minutes early in the second half and from there the Canaries struggled to mount a comeback, with former City winger Nathan Redmond making it 3-0 in the 79th minute.
Results over the weekend at least didn’t make matters too much worse, although Brighton moved out of reach thanks to a late winner against Arsenal to give their survival hopes a major boost.
Watford drew with Leicester to also make a positive restart but West Ham, Bournemouth and Aston Villa all lost at home, so City remain six points from safety with eight games to play.
You may also want to watch:
- The debate finished at 1.45pm but you can check back on the questions and answers above
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week