The Pink‘Un’s Magic Moments - on sale Tuesday
Fans looking for an added Norwich City fix should look no further than next Tuesday’s Evening News.
On sale free with the paper will be a special Pink’Un Magic Moments magazine which sees Evening News Norwich City writer David Cuffley delve into the Canary archives to relive past glory games with the players at the centre of the action.
The magazine is packed full of pictures of Canaries heroes and also gives readers the chance to catch-up with what former players are doing now and learn strange but true facts about the club they follow.
Producing the magazine has been a labour of love for Cuffley, who has enjoyed two spells covering the Canaries over 25 years.
“It’s been a real pleasure catching up with some of City’s heroes, especially from the 60’s and 70’s. The players from those days are delighted to be remembererd,” said Cuffley, who covered his first game in 1986 as City beat Sheffield United 5-2 away on the way to winning the old Division Two crown under manager Ken Brown.
You may also want to watch:
“It was special for me personally to report on Dave Stringer’s four and a half years as manager. He played in the first game I watched as a fan in 1967, when City beat Cardiff 3-2 at Carrow Road, and was then someone I dealt with almost on a day to day basis,” added Cuffley. “It was great to deal with an individual connected to the club that I had seen play and then progress as a manager.”
Two of Cuffley’s favourite moments covering City were the 1-0 victory over Liverpool at Anfield in 1988, when Andy Townsend scored the winner to put them top of Division One for Christmas, and Norwich’s first game in Europe as the Canaries beat Vitesse Arnhem 3-0 in 1993, Efan Ekoku, Jeremy Goss and John Polston all getting on the scoresheet that night.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
Cuffley added: “The way football is covered has changed dramatically over the years. It’s a much more competitive world. When I first started the only way to get a full report of a match day was in the Pink‘Un on the night of a game, unless it was chosen for radio commentary. There has been an explosion in media attention since then through a whole host of different outlets - it’s a whole different ball game now.”
• Don’t miss your copy of Pink’Un Magic Moments - on sale Tuesday, February 1.