Thetford all set for Vase test
Thetford Town entertain Walsham-le-Willows in the second qualifying round of the FA Carlsberg Vase, on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.Thetford Town 0, Godmanchester Rovers 0After Town's win in the FA Vase at Rothwell in midweek it was back to league action with Godmanchester Rovers the visitors.
Thetford Town entertain Walsham-le-Willows in the second qualifying round of the FA Carlsberg Vase, on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.
Thetford Town 0,
Godmanchester Rovers 0
After Town's win in the FA Vase at Rothwell in midweek it was back to league action with Godmanchester Rovers the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Town got under way with a Jones effort in the early minutes just going wide.
Town had most of the early play and Dixon brought a good save from the keeper on 15 minutes.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Godmanchester had their moments and should have taken the lead when the offside trap was beaten, but Bowden saved well.
Some controversial refereeing decisions stopped the game from flowing.
Town had a good chance on 25 minutes when good work from Scott saw his cross headed wide by Haynes.
The visiting keeper was the busier in the first half and made a good saves on two occasions, both from Dixon efforts.
The early stages of the second half saw play go from end to end.
On 60 minutes a good ball by Jones into the box just eluded the front players.
Bruno saw his first-time shot well saved by the keeper and then Bowden went full length to save.
But it was Town that finished the stronger with a Thompson header just over and then the visiting keeper making two excellent saves just before the end to make sure the game finished goalless.
Team: Bowden, Joseph, Thompson, Bailey, Haynes (Piggott), Jones, Tanti (Richards), Howard, Scott (Turner), Dixon, Tavares.
Meanwhile, Thetford's Ridgeons rivals Swaffham Town are also in FA Vase action on Saturday.
They are hosting Ridgeons Premier Division side Hadleigh United, with a 3pm kick-off.
The Pedlars visited Whitton United at the weekend in the league and lost 2-0.
Swaffham's young and exciting squad continue to find their footing in this season's Ridgeons League Division One.
The return of Jack Webber off-set by the unavailability of Richard Cornwall and continued injury problems with Tom Rainford meant a further variation to Paul Hunt's starting line-up.
Keeper Dean Mayes came to their rescue several times with good saves but couldn't prevent the two goals hitting the back of the net.