Thetford area notes

BRANDON LASSES U15 beat Little Oakley 10-1. This was one of Brandon's best performances against hard-working visitors. Harriet Mills netted a first-half hat-trick.

BRANDON LASSES U15 beat Little Oakley 10-1. This was one of Brandon's best performances against hard-working visitors. Harriet Mills netted a first-half hat-trick. Striking partner Kayleigh Nolan helped herself to brace. Tash Rutter scored four goals in the space of 10 minutes. Oakley scored a consolation before Mariah Moules cracked in a fine goal. PoM: Sasha Dent a superb home debut in midfield.

BRANDON LASSES U11 travelled to play Firside. A lovely through-ball by Leah Zawiasa found Millie Bales who burst through and scored. Within a minute Leah and Millie combined again to make it 2-0. FIrside scored, then later a Millie shot was adjudged not to have fully crossed the line. In the last two minutes Brandon lost concentration and conceded twice. Final score Firside 3, Brandon 2. PoM: Abbie Craigen.

LAKENHEATH LEOPARDS U12 played Dereham Red and won 2-1. The game was end to end on a very muddy pitch. Both teams played well and battled hard. The breakthrough came when Sam Buckley passed the ball through to Kieron Danbrowsky who slotted home. Lakenheath's Connor Knight crossed a corner in and it was met by the left foot of Jack Self who scored. Dereham netted a penalty after a hand-ball. MoM: Miles Stiddard. Manager's MoM: Max Granger.

MUNDFORD U11 travelled to Swaffham for a League Cup semi-final. Mundford took an early lead as Ryan Harvey dribbled through and slotted home, soon after George Hammond broke up an attack and fed Joe Zipfell whose precise pass was clinically finished by MoM Michael Corbyn. Zipfell's shot was parried out and Corbyn was there again for his second. Just before half-time John Pearce's cross was thundered at goal by Sam Long and a parry-out was finished by Harvey. Swaffham pulled a goal back but Harvey's cross was slid home by Corbyn to restore the defecit. Harvey then thumped home after good work by Long and Harry Walker and the scoring was completed when Luke DeMeyer netted a penalty for 7-1 to Mundford.

MUNDFORD U14 played Woottons at home in their first match for two months and won 8-0. A corner from Mason Thorogood resulted in an own goal. Robbie Smith shortly followed this with a great header. Casey Underwood scored Mundford's third and fourth goals and Smith scored again. New signings Josh Hemmings and Adam Brown combined to enable Brown to score Mundford's sixth and another corner from Thorogood was headed in by Smith to complete his hat-trick. Sam Bunten completed the scoring with a great strike, final score 8-0. Mundford U9 beat Dereham Wanderers Blue 5-1. This was an exciting cup quarter-final game. MoM Harvey Shorter scored Mundford's first goal, followed by another after a magnificent kick from a corner. Harvey hit a post but Sam Rolph managed to net it. Then a brilliant goal from Jude Blakemore. Dereham scored, quickly followed by Mundford's Jude getting the fifth.

THETFORD TOWN U12 reached the League Cup final after a very good 4-2 win away to Rocklands. After winning the first leg 11-1 Town knew they would face a very different side. Thetford took the lead with Taylor firing home and soon after Daniel added a second from close range. Thetford scored a breakaway goal as Taylor scored his second. Rocklands scored two quick goals to make the score 3-2. After good defending, Town broke again and Bart added the fourth. Final score Rocklands 2, Thetford Town 4, agg score 15-3. Good luck in the final.

Most Read

WEETING U10 took on King's Lynn U10 in a floodlight friendly fixture. Weeting went a goal down and couldn't get past the home keeper. Lynn got two more. The third quarter saw Weeting play some brilliant football and R Hunter burst through the middle to fire home.Then N Ward found the overlapping J Peach to centre for J Peeling to control and turn to rifle home off a post. Just before the end of the quarter J Peeling's long ball got N Ward in to pull the scores level. Both teams hit the woodwork and C Shepperd pulled off two fine saves for Weeting. N Ward got to the by-line and pulled the ball back for J Peeling to hit the winning goal.

WEETING U10 moved into the semi-final of the League Trophy with an 8-6 win over Dereham Stags - a game full of goals, top-class saves and goalmouth action. With the visitors taking a three- goal lead into this second leg the tie seem over in the first five minutes when R Hunter fired them into a two-goal lead, but the home team came storming back by pulling the tie level. But J Peeling turned and fired home for a 3-2 lead. The home side levelled again then took the lead. M McCready's header from a corner found the bottom corner. R Hunter's power drive was diverted with a first-class save. The home team took the lead. Once again R Hunter put Weeting level with a fine volley at the back post from an B Saberton corner, but once again the home team came back. N Ward pulled the ball back from the by-line for a Stag player to score an own goal for 6-6, then MoM R Hunter fired in his fourth goal of the match and with time running out a M McCready effort was well saved again but C Stone was first to react to make it 8-6 (agg win 7-12). PoD: B Saberton.

HARLING COLTS U12 romped into the League Cup semi-finals with a great 8-0 win over Norman, the whole team picking up MoM awards. Sam Smith set Harling on the way from Luke Holland's cross. Smith then set up Isaac Watkinson for the second and Holland for the third. Then Holland added another three, two assists from Rob Turner and the other from a storming Thomas Dunning run. Smith set up Turner for the seventh before Watkinson added the final goal from a super Rorie Knights through ball.

THETFORD INDEPENDENTS U9A progressed to the semis of the SNYFL Trophy game, beating Dereham 17-1. Aiden Try scored the first two of his six-goal haul. Kehan Whitby netted the third goal. MoM Connor Noble then added two quick goals. Brandon Dawson then scored with a looping shot from the half-way line. Konnor Dixon added another goal before Dereham got a consolation. Noble then got two more goals then extended Indies lead with two goals in the last two minutes of the third quarter. Cooper got a goal, followed by two more from Noble, a second from Cooper and a two goals from Aiden Try.

THETFORD INDEPENDENTS U13 hosted the quarter-finals of the Open Cup against a very good Waveney side and got a well-earned win. A great run and cross down the left from Luke Jones took a deflection to Ty Whitby who hit his shot first time past the keeper. Some great tackling, defending and goal-line clearances made sure Indies held on to go into the semi-final. MoM: whole team.

THETFORD INDIES U9B faced a Swaffham side. Despite good saves, Swaffham went ahead. Lucas Fowles hit a post after a deflection. The final score was 6-0, Indies finished disappointed but reminded about and prepared for more competitive football.

Thetford Indies U9B were a transformed team, putting up an excellent fight. Brandon's relentless pressure brought them goals in the second and third quarters but the Indies continued to fight. Indies finished with pride despite the 6-0 scoreline.

BULLDOGS U9 travelled to Dereham to take on the Yellows and kept up their good run with a confident performance. Daniel's shot was saved and Rhys rolled in the rebound. Lewis smashed in Bulldogs' second goal. Luke made a quite sensational goal-line tackle. Lewis beat three defenders before smashing home. The fourth came soon after when Lewis whipped in a cross and Rhys slotted home, then added the fifth. Dereham got a consolation. Lewis smashed home and then Pedro lashed a volley in from the edge of the area. MoM: Rhys.

BULLDOGS U12 met Litcham in the cup semi-final second leg and starting 5-0 down it was always going to be hard work although Jordan Turner made some great saves. Bulldogs got into the game against the run of play, it was Litcham who got the first ball. Litcham's keeper was inspired. Archie was forced into a big tackle but Litcham managed to double the lead. In the second half Andre nearly scored but Litcham got two more.