Thetford area youth notes

BRANDON LASSES U12 beat Bacton United 2-0. A great start for the Lasses with Chloe Slater and Ellesse Master linking up well and playing in Amy Skipp to finish well into the corner.

BRANDON LASSES U12 beat Bacton United 2-0. A great start for the Lasses with Chloe Slater and Ellesse Master linking up well and playing in Amy Skipp to finish well into the corner. Brandon passed the ball well but Bacton defended deep and limited the chances on goal. The visitors competed well but once again the Lasses defence did their job, keeping a clean sheet, Brandon doubled their lead later in the half when Charlie Reeves came on and set up Ellesse to finish with a lovely strike. Half time 2-0. The second half saw plenty of pressure from the Lasses but without the finishing touch. Lucy Page could have capped off a superb display with a goal from the spot but was unfortunate to see her kick come off a post. At times some lovely one-touch passing football from Brandon left the opposition chasing the ball but they will just need to get the end product with a ball into the box or shot on goal. A good three points, girls.

BRANDON LASSES U15 beat Little Oakley 6-2. A much improved performance by Brandon saw them race into a 2-0 lead with goals by Kayleigh Nolan and a well-worked free-kick by Tash Rutter. By half-time Rutter netted her second to give the visitors a good cushion. Brandon made a few changes at the interval which gave their opponents a chance to get back in the game and soon it was 3-1. Back came Lasses with a goal from Sally Eastwood. Rutter added number five after great work by Harriet Mills. Nolan then hit her second with a fine individual run. Oakley brought the scoring to an end from a corner.

BRANDON LASSES U11 lost to Dereham Wanderers 8-0. It was their first-ever meeting and hopes were high. Brandon started the match the better, quickly creating a string of chances, but to no avail. But ten minutes to half-time Dereham took a quick throw and scored from it, this was then followed by two more quick goals. Half-time Dereham 3, Lasses 0. The second half started brightly but it wasn't long before Brandon started to lose their way. With Dereham's strength starting to tell and the lack of Brandon's concentration, played a big part in Dereham scoring five more goals. Brandon though nearly scored with the last kick of the game but Dereham's keeper saved well. Some fine individual displays, but could do better. PoM: Ruby Roberson.

THETFORD TOWN U12 hosted Morley in the first round, first leg of

the League Cup and came away comfortable 8-0 winners. The game started scrappily with neither side creating any real chances. Town eventually got the ball down and started playing some good football and finally broke the deadlock with a fine strike from Bart from all of 25 yards. Town really started to play some excellent football and soon added three further goals from Bart, Daniel and Nathan. The second half started as the first half finished with Town the better side and soon Bart completed his hat-trick before Taylor added a fine individual goal. Jack was, as always, working hard on the left side of midfield and Luke and Charlie were solid at the heart of defence. Daniel scored twice more to complete his hat-trick and the scoring to give Town a comfortable lead for the second leg in two week's time. Very well played everyone and let's keep this going. Morley MoM: Daniel Jurcsk. Town MoM: Bart.

HARLING COLTS U12 beat Salhouse 3-0. A great team performance on a very small pitch maintained Harling's 100pc winning start to the season. Luke Holland tried to round the keeper early on but was fouled, Rob Turner dispatched the penalty with a great strike. Sam Smith poached a second after Isaac Watkinson had had two efforts blocked before Jamie Woodcock made a tremendous finger-tip save to keep Salhouse out. Trafford Rusted and Daniel Canham were having a great game in the middle of defence and Harling made sure of the win in the second half when MoM Holland won a 50-50 challenge and chipped the ball over the keeper for Callum Olpin to run in and net the third.

Most Read

MUNDFORD U14 travelled to Thorpe St Andrew to play Jex Rangers in the first round of the Norfolk Open Cup. In the first half both teams had chances but good defending and goalkeeping ensured neither could score. Mundford had a player sent off, and the resulting Jex penalty went over the bar. Half-time score was 0-0. Jex scored just after the break. Down to just 10 men, Mundford pushed on and a pass back to the Jex keeper was intercepted by Sam Bunten who made it 1-1. Despite great defending from Daniel Jackson, Ryan Billmen, Aiden Bond, and Archie Blakemore, Jex scored again from a corner. Good play in midfield saw the ball fall to Bunten who slotted the ball to Mason Thorogood who chipped the advancing keeper for 2-2. Mundford continued to pressure and a half- clearance from a Jex defender was headed by Bunten to the feet of Robbie Smith who volleyed it past the keeper for a 3-2 victory with only minutes to go. Great midfield play from Smith, Thorogood, Ben Peacock and Casey Underwood, a well-deserved win.

MUNDFORD U11 travelled to play Thetford Town and were soon rewarded when Jack Pinner latched onto Ryan Harvey's cross. The lead was increased when Sam Long drove home an unstoppable shot. Thetford tried to come back but found Luke DeMeyer, George Hammond, Todd Hutcherson and Dean Scott in defence all playing well. Just before half-time Harvey was quick to react a loose ball to slot home. After the break Mundford continued their superiority and Roberto Alves grabbed his first of the season from close range, then Jack Pinner got his second before Harvey finished in style from a great John Pearce cross. The scoring was completed when Sam Long was fouled in the box and got up to tuck home the penalty. This was a good performance by the boys. Thetford 0, Mundford 7. MoM: John Pearce.

THETFORD INDEPENDENTS U9A got their fourth straight win to start the season, beating Mundford 3-2. However, unlike games in recent weeks, Indies didn't have it all their own way and were made to fight hard for all three points by a determined and skilful Mundford side. The deadlock wasn't broken until midway through the first quarter when Indies midfielder Alfie Cooper unleashed a thunderbolt from outside the penalty area to leave the home keeper with no chance. Mundford levelled the game up shortly before the end of the first quarter as a strong drive forward and well-placed cross was neatly finished by a Mundford forward. The second and third quarters were stalemates despite frequent Indies pressure, with no further goals largely thanks to Jamie Humphrey's performance between the posts which earned him MoM honours. The final 15 minutes were the most entertaining for Indies' supporters as Brandon Dawson added Indies' second goal of the game when a speculative effort from the half-way line found its way into the goal having bounced over the Mundford keeper. Kehan Whitby's confident run and shot at the Mundford keeper was saved only for it to fall to Connor Noble's feet, who slotted the ball away for a third goal just two minutes after the second. It was all Indies pressure from that point until a momentary lapse in defence led to a penalty being awarded to Mundford during the final minute of the game. Jamie Humphrey got a hand to it but couldn't stop Mundford from scoring their second goal of the game.