Thetford beat Swaffham in derby
Swaffham Town 0, Thetford Town 2A fine afternoon for football, weather conditions perfect and the pitch looking remarkably good considering the stage of the season.
Swaffham Town 0, Thetford Town 2
A fine afternoon for football, weather conditions perfect and the pitch looking remarkably good considering the stage of the season.
Swaffham, still missing key members of their squad through injuries and other commitments, saw the return of Steve Crawshaw to Shoemakers Lane following several seasons.
He transferred from Diss Town midweek and will be seen as instrumental in bolstering defence.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford took the lead in the 12th minute from the penalty spot, keeper Craig Titmarsh having no chance to stop the well-positioned kick.
The Pedlars countered good combination work between Kyle Plumb and Nathan Clarke saw opportunities defended well by the Thetford keeper.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 5 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
Further damage was done in the 36th minute, a looping header following a free kick 30 yards out.
The second half was far more even but the frustration of the Swaffham side was apparent following some questionable decisions throughout the fixture.
Further efforts came to no avail and the visitors took away the three points.
A hearty thanks once again to the George Hotel for their continued support of the first team.
Next Saturday, Swaffham first team are again at home, facing Halstead Town, 3pm kick off.
The reserves travel to the coast to play Sheringham Reserves (2.30) and the A-team travel to Bridgham United (3pm).