Three sent off as Royals miss chance to go top
RIDGEONS LEAGUE ROUND-UP: Two goals from Ross Durrant helped Wroxham to victory over a Kirkley & Pakefield side who finished the game with eight men.
Wroxham 3, Kirkley & Pakefield 1
Two goals from Ross Durrant helped Wroxham to victory over a Kirkley & Pakefield side who finished the game with eight men. The visitors would have moved to the top of the Ridgeons League Premier Division had they won at Trafford Park, but it all started to go wrong for them in the 10th minute when Durrant opened his account. The same player made it 2-0 with a brilliant 30 yard shot midway through the second half and any hopes of a Kirkley fightback were snuffed out on 82 minutes when Owen Paynter converted from the spot. By that time Kirkley were down to eight men, having had Bodie Carter, Ryan de Coteau and Robert Horton sent off, all for second bookable offences. But the Royals showed some character by pulling one back from an Ian Dawson spot-kick.
t Dereham Town 2, Ely City 1
Dereham had two players sent off but still held on to claim the points. Danny Beaumont opened the scoring in the opening minute, only for Adam Murray to equalise. Ian Morgan was then shown a straight red but Beaumont converted a penalty just before half-time to restore Dereham's lead and they held on, despite seeing Ryan Foster dismissed.
You may also want to watch:
t Diss Town 3, Team Bury 3
Diss produced a sensational finish to claim a Division One draw after trailing 3-1 with three minutes to go. The Tangerines went behind early on when Ryan Clark's lofted shot left Matty Webster stranded. Webster then had to go off injured, with outfield player John Abbott replacing him for the final 70 minutes. Abbott was soon beaten by John Curry, and although Dan Wynne put Diss on the scoresheet just before the break Will Hitter made it 3-1 early in the second half. The fightback began when George Watts-Sturrock hit an unstoppable 25-yarder in the 87th minute. And the comeback was complete when Watts-Sturrock provided the cross for Chris Given to head the injury-time equaliser.
- 1 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 7-0 mauling at Chelsea
- 3 'Embarrassing' - Farke on woeful 7-0 City rout at Chelsea
- 4 NCFC LIVE: Canaries thrashed 7-0 at Chelsea
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' abject 7-0 Chelsea defeat
- 6 Farke on Cantwell Chelsea absence
- 7 ‘Men against boys’ - Pundits batter City for awful effort at Chelsea
- 8 CHELSEA 7 CANARIES 0 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 9 ‘Too easy’ - Hanley apologises to City fans for implosion at Chelsea
- 10 Cantwell on target in City U23s win
t Fakenham 2 Downham 1
Fakenham came from behind to take the Division one derby points. Craig Clarke put Downham ahead from the spot after 19 minutes but the Ghosts replied just after the break through Simon Bush and Jason Pease scored the winner 11 minutes from time with a swerving free-kick.