‘We have all kinds of terrible feelings inside’: Leonid Slutsky rues Norwich City’s late show
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Leonid Slutsky looked a broken man after his 10-man Hull City were denied a first away win in 14 months by Norwich City’s 96th minute Championship equaliser.
The experienced former Russian national boss refused to blame the officials for his side’s late lapse, after the Tigers looked to have overcome David Meyler’s red card.
The fourth official indicated a minimum of five added minutes at Carrow Road but the Tigers were undone by Nelson Oliveira’s back heeled close range finish after Cameron Jerome had flicked on Marco Stiepermann’s long throw.
“I think we have all kinds of terrible feelings inside. It is difficult to analyse the Norwich goal because it was the last chance, the last throw - a long throw where they had everybody in the box,” he said. “They were the first to react to the flick-on. They scored not after five minutes of added time, but in the sixth minute of added time. But that is the referee’s decision and it is difficult to speak about this.
“I must respect each decision by the referee. Of course each coach will disagree with the referee some times. It was his decision. It is his job. I must respect his job. Meyler is frustrated. He is more disappointed with the foul than the referee’s decision. We played with ten men for the last 35 minutes and that is very difficult. We showed character and played compactly.
You may also want to watch:
“We had good discipline but this is the fifth time that we have conceded at the end of a game. The first time I said it was a test for us, the second time I said it was a serious test but now it is difficult to analyse.
“I am proud about the level at which we played, especially coming back after an international break because the first game can be unpredictable. Seven of our starting eleven had been away for international matches.”
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries