Krul named in the Netherlands provisional squad
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tim Krul has been named in the provisional squad for the Netherlands upcoming international matches against Mexico, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Italy next month.
The Norwich City shot-stopper was named in Ronald Koeman’s last international squad prior to him accepting the Barcelona manager’s job.
Krul was selected for the Netherlands for the first time since suffering a major knee injury in 2015 that saw him released from Newcastle United and struggling to find consistent first-team football.
He moved to City in 2018 on a free transfer after leaving Brighton and Hove Albion, playing a pivotal part in the Canaries promotion to the Premier League.
A Player of the Season award followed last season, with his country now recognising his impressive domestic form.
You may also want to watch:
Krul has been named alongside AZ Alkmaar keeper Marco Bizot, Jeroen Zoet of Spezia and first-choice Jasper Cillessen as they battle it out to make the final cut in Dwight Lodeweges’ squad.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 4 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 5 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 6 Placheta must kick on at City
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Bushiri close to Eupen loan
- 8 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 9 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
- 10 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered