‘My heart will always be yellow and green’ - Klose pens a farewell message to City fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Timm Klose has penned an emotional farewell message on his social media channels thanking Norwich City fans for their support during his time at the club.
The Swiss international has completed a season-long loan move to FC Basel - but there is an option to make the deal permanent for an undisclosed fee.
Klose joined City from German side Wolfsburg in January 2016 - and went onto make 128 times in all competitions, scoring on ten occasions.
Rapidly becoming a fans favourite, Klose remained at the club despite having numerous opportunities to depart the club at various stages of his four-and-a-half year stay.
Writing on his Instagram profile, Klose said: “I want to take a moment and thank all the fans, the city and especially Norwich City for the last 4 and 1/2 years that were, simply put, beautiful.
You may also want to watch:
“I never thought that I could call another city home but what all of you gave me these past years, is more than just football... It’s memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
“Now the time has come to start a new adventure back home, for 1 year on loan.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
“Again, thank you all, a big part of my life and heart will always be yellow and green.”