‘My heart will always be yellow and green’ - Klose pens a farewell message to City fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Timm Klose has penned an emotional farewell message on his social media channels thanking Norwich City fans for their support during his time at the club.
The Swiss international has completed a season-long loan move to FC Basel - but there is an option to make the deal permanent for an undisclosed fee.
Klose joined City from German side Wolfsburg in January 2016 - and went onto make 128 times in all competitions, scoring on ten occasions.
Rapidly becoming a fans favourite, Klose remained at the club despite having numerous opportunities to depart the club at various stages of his four-and-a-half year stay.
Writing on his Instagram profile, Klose said: “I want to take a moment and thank all the fans, the city and especially Norwich City for the last 4 and 1/2 years that were, simply put, beautiful.
You may also want to watch:
“I never thought that I could call another city home but what all of you gave me these past years, is more than just football... It’s memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
“Now the time has come to start a new adventure back home, for 1 year on loan.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
“Again, thank you all, a big part of my life and heart will always be yellow and green.”