‘Responsible for the greatest piece of commentary in football history’ - Fans wish departing Klose well
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Timm Klose was a popular figure during his spell at Norwich City - providing supporters with some iconic moments that include a memorable last minute equaliser against Ipswich Town in 2018.
The Swiss international’s return to boyhood club FC Basel has been confirmed, with the 20-time Super League champions possessing an option to make the move permanent for an undisclosed fee.
Klose made 128 times in all competitions for the club since signing in January 2016, scoring ten goals. He had multiple opportunities to leave the club throughout his spell in Norfolk but opted to remain at Carrow Road.
Supporters took to him quickly for his classy defensive play on the pitch and quick wit off it - Klose was also a popular member within the dressing room.
A lack of playing time and major injuries have hastened his departure - with a return to St. Jakob Park being the dream move for the defender.
You may also want to watch:
Supporters have taken to social media to wish the 32-year-old well in the next chapter of his career.
- Read the thoughts of City fans above and below
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City