‘Responsible for the greatest piece of commentary in football history’ - Fans wish departing Klose well
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Timm Klose was a popular figure during his spell at Norwich City - providing supporters with some iconic moments that include a memorable last minute equaliser against Ipswich Town in 2018.
The Swiss international’s return to boyhood club FC Basel has been confirmed, with the 20-time Super League champions possessing an option to make the move permanent for an undisclosed fee.
Klose made 128 times in all competitions for the club since signing in January 2016, scoring ten goals. He had multiple opportunities to leave the club throughout his spell in Norfolk but opted to remain at Carrow Road.
Supporters took to him quickly for his classy defensive play on the pitch and quick wit off it - Klose was also a popular member within the dressing room.
A lack of playing time and major injuries have hastened his departure - with a return to St. Jakob Park being the dream move for the defender.
You may also want to watch:
Supporters have taken to social media to wish the 32-year-old well in the next chapter of his career.
- Read the thoughts of City fans above and below
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League