Title challengers face off
Treble-chasing Marlborough travel to league leaders The Grove, knowing that a victory will leave them three points behind their opponents with three games in hand.
“We seem to be in the middle of a run of tough games at the moment,” said Marlborough manager Mark Jones, who praised his side’s finishing in the 5-1 victory over AFC Wanderers. “We scored some crackers on the day, but we need to keep it going every week, especially with Wymondham and Acle still in the mix.”
Despite a recent victory over The Grove in the League Cup, he expects another hard battle.
“You always know what you’re going to get from The Grove and we all know how it important it is.
“I still consider them to be favourites as it doesn’t matter how many games we have in hand, I would rather have the points on the board.”
You may also want to watch:
Grove manager Steve Greening said: “It’s a must win game for us. If we can do that we still have Wymondham to play twice so who knows.
“They beat us fair and square in the recent cup game, but we now have Sean Brown and Danny Pennell back both of whom missed the cup meeting.”
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 3 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 7 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
Greening hopes his latest signing continues his recent good form. “We managed to sign Paul Atkins recently and to our benefit he’s has now started to find the net.”
This mouth-watering clash takes place on Sunday at the Gurney Centre, Irstead Road (kick-off 10.30am).