Title challengers face off
Treble-chasing Marlborough travel to league leaders The Grove, knowing that a victory will leave them three points behind their opponents with three games in hand.
“We seem to be in the middle of a run of tough games at the moment,” said Marlborough manager Mark Jones, who praised his side’s finishing in the 5-1 victory over AFC Wanderers. “We scored some crackers on the day, but we need to keep it going every week, especially with Wymondham and Acle still in the mix.”
Despite a recent victory over The Grove in the League Cup, he expects another hard battle.
“You always know what you’re going to get from The Grove and we all know how it important it is.
“I still consider them to be favourites as it doesn’t matter how many games we have in hand, I would rather have the points on the board.”
You may also want to watch:
Grove manager Steve Greening said: “It’s a must win game for us. If we can do that we still have Wymondham to play twice so who knows.
“They beat us fair and square in the recent cup game, but we now have Sean Brown and Danny Pennell back both of whom missed the cup meeting.”
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
Greening hopes his latest signing continues his recent good form. “We managed to sign Paul Atkins recently and to our benefit he’s has now started to find the net.”
This mouth-watering clash takes place on Sunday at the Gurney Centre, Irstead Road (kick-off 10.30am).