Top-20 finish for Kimberley Morrison at 2017 Ironman70.3 World Championships in Tennessee
- Credit: Ian Burt
Kimberley Morrison’s debut on the world stage finished in a top-20 finish for the north Norfolk women’s triathlon star.
Morrison was competing in the Ironman70.3 World Championships in the USA, continuing her excellent progress since turning professional two years ago.
The 29-year-old was competing in Chattanooga, Tennesse across the half distance of the full Ironman events, as she builds towards trying to qualify for the World Ironman Championships in Hawaii in October 2018.
Morrison, from Bale, near Fakenham, finished 18th in the elite women’s race on Saturday in an overall time of four hours, 36 minutes and 27 seconds.
The former Gresham’s School pupil completed the 1.2-mile swim in 29.08mins in 20th place before moving up to fifth on the bike stage, her strength, by completing the 34-mile stage in 02:37.36hours.
You may also want to watch:
A final stage half marathon (13.1-mile) run of 01:36.27hours saw the Tri-Anglia member finish 18th in her debut at a world championships – out of 34 professionals and 1,433 women overall.
“Thank you to absolutely everybody who is out there with me,” Morrison said in a message on her @Kimmoreasons Instagram account. “Not an exciting result today having given my absolute everything to finish 18th. So much fuel for the fire...
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
“Congratulations to all the ladies out there on the IM70.3 World Championship course.”