‘We deserved a point’ - City supporters frustrated after defeat at Tottenham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table after a 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday evening.
Supporters have taken to social media to share their thoughts on City's display, with some expressing optimism at the level of performance shown.
Others have voiced their exasperation at the defeat, stating that it continues the trends their season has followed.
Spurs had gone three league games without scoring this year before Dele Alli struck just before half-time, turning in Serge Aurier's cross.
But Norwich hit back when Ryan Sessegnon brought down Max Aarons inside the box and Teemu Pukki fired the spot-kick beyond Hugo Lloris.
You may also want to watch:
City took the game to Jose Mourinho's side thereafter, and had it not have been for squandered opportunities, then City could have left North London with a point.
Heung-Min Son's header from Alli's deflected shot ended the visitors' hopes of a turnaround.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- Read the reaction from social media above and below