‘We deserved a point’ - City supporters frustrated after defeat at Tottenham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table after a 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday evening.
Supporters have taken to social media to share their thoughts on City's display, with some expressing optimism at the level of performance shown.
Others have voiced their exasperation at the defeat, stating that it continues the trends their season has followed.
Spurs had gone three league games without scoring this year before Dele Alli struck just before half-time, turning in Serge Aurier's cross.
But Norwich hit back when Ryan Sessegnon brought down Max Aarons inside the box and Teemu Pukki fired the spot-kick beyond Hugo Lloris.
You may also want to watch:
City took the game to Jose Mourinho's side thereafter, and had it not have been for squandered opportunities, then City could have left North London with a point.
Heung-Min Son's header from Alli's deflected shot ended the visitors' hopes of a turnaround.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 8 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 9 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 10 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- Read the reaction from social media above and below