Tough day for Bungay
Bungay Town Ladies, after the highs of getting to the top of the league, found keeping there hard.
It was just “one of those days” when whatever they tried against Coltishall, nothing would quite go right.
They started well and should have been well ahead as Michelle Stanborough put wide when clean through and twice Lauren Purling hit the woodwork and other chances were squandered,
Bungay then got hit twice with poor goals as first the normally sound Reme Dowe in goal missed her kick when clearing a through ball, allowing a Coltishall forward to score easily, and then the defence fell asleep from a free-kick leaving another forward in acres of space to score.
Bungay did manage to pull one back before half-time with Stanborough scoring from the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
But the second half just did not bring any joy as Bungay found the heavy pitch hard to get going on and despite going close on a few occasions they could not find that final pass.
It was hard on players like Emily Robbins who once again put her all into running and covering others, but the balance of the team was not quite right with a few key players missing.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland