Tough day for Bungay
Bungay Town Ladies, after the highs of getting to the top of the league, found keeping there hard.
It was just “one of those days” when whatever they tried against Coltishall, nothing would quite go right.
They started well and should have been well ahead as Michelle Stanborough put wide when clean through and twice Lauren Purling hit the woodwork and other chances were squandered,
Bungay then got hit twice with poor goals as first the normally sound Reme Dowe in goal missed her kick when clearing a through ball, allowing a Coltishall forward to score easily, and then the defence fell asleep from a free-kick leaving another forward in acres of space to score.
Bungay did manage to pull one back before half-time with Stanborough scoring from the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
But the second half just did not bring any joy as Bungay found the heavy pitch hard to get going on and despite going close on a few occasions they could not find that final pass.
It was hard on players like Emily Robbins who once again put her all into running and covering others, but the balance of the team was not quite right with a few key players missing.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 10 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case