Tough day for Bungay
Bungay Town Ladies, after the highs of getting to the top of the league, found keeping there hard.
It was just “one of those days” when whatever they tried against Coltishall, nothing would quite go right.
They started well and should have been well ahead as Michelle Stanborough put wide when clean through and twice Lauren Purling hit the woodwork and other chances were squandered,
Bungay then got hit twice with poor goals as first the normally sound Reme Dowe in goal missed her kick when clearing a through ball, allowing a Coltishall forward to score easily, and then the defence fell asleep from a free-kick leaving another forward in acres of space to score.
Bungay did manage to pull one back before half-time with Stanborough scoring from the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
But the second half just did not bring any joy as Bungay found the heavy pitch hard to get going on and despite going close on a few occasions they could not find that final pass.
It was hard on players like Emily Robbins who once again put her all into running and covering others, but the balance of the team was not quite right with a few key players missing.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City