Tough day for Mousehold
Mousehold 0, Marlborough OB 1Mousehold knew that this would be a hard-fought physical league game, and in the end Marlborough were more up for the challenge.
Mousehold 0, Marlborough OB 1
Mousehold knew that this would be a hard-fought physical league game, and in the end Marlborough were more up for the challenge.
Mousehold worked hard and defended hard, and were unlucky to concede a goal just after half-time: when Nick Tyrell went down injured on the halfway line, the referee chose not to blow and Marlborough, after a moment's hesitation, chose to carry on and as a result scored - technically correct but Mousehold felt not in the sporting spirit.
Both had chances for further goals with both sides hitting the crossbar, but the game finished 1-0.
Man of the Match: Joe Wilkes in his first appearance for the club for his fantastic play down the left wing and crosses.
Mousehold Res 0, Lingwood Caveners 9
- 1 'Teemu has a desire to play as high as possible' - Pukki's agent on City future
- 2 Teemu Pukki's future: The inside track from Finland
- 3 Chris Sutton: The City trio who need to perform in pre-season
- 4 Stephen Fry joins forces with Norwich City to raise awareness of mental health
- 5 Canaries Q&A - with Paddy Davitt and Samuel Seaman
- 6 Neil hones in on City Championship reunion
- 7 Feyenoord interested in Tzolis - reports
- 8 City announce academy pre-season schedule
- 9 Surprise World Cup shot for ex-City boss
- 10 'It reignited my career' - Crouch opens up on City loan spell
Mousehold Reserves started well in this Division Two league game, and were putting in a good showing for the first 20 minutes, but then Lingwood went ahead from a long ball which Mousehold failed to clear, and they quickly got a second from a defensive mistake.
Mousehold crumbled, and a third goal followed from a lucky ricochet to the centre forward. The fourth came on half-time, a free kick which wasn't cleared allowing a free header.
At half-time the managers made changes, but it failed to change the game and Lingwood went on to score a further five goals.
It was a very poor performance: the score tells the story.
Man of the Match: Will Bower in mid-field.