Town go with league blessing
The Ridgeons League may be sad to see Lowestoft Town leave, but they are fully behind the club's rise to Ryman League football. The Trawlerboys have been members of the Eastern Counties League, since the competition was created in 1935.
The Ridgeons League may be sad to see Lowestoft Town leave, but they are fully behind the club's rise to Ryman League football. The Trawlerboys have been members of the Eastern Counties League, since the competition was created in 1935. And having finally flown the nest, they go with the league's blessings. "I wish them all the best," said Ridgeons league secretary Nigel Spurling . "As a league we are naturally keen for all our clubs to achieve what they want to do, which is what Lowestoft have done, and we are fully behind them in their quest." The look of next season's two Ridgeons League divisions will only be sorted once Tiptree United's application to the Essex Senior League has been either approved or turned down.
"It will either be one team drops out, in Lowestoft, or two, with Tiptree," added Spurling. "What we have decided to do is still promote three teams, but no more. All the clubs are aware of this."
Great Yarmouth Town are the only founding club with a similar stay in the League.
"We need to be sensible," admitted Spurling. "Lowestoft have got an average gate of over 500 and they have been a very big part of this league since its formation.
You may also want to watch:
"So we might be disappointed on one hand to have a club of such esteem leaving us, but we are delighted they have achieved what they wanted to."
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 3 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 10 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff