Trophy injury worries for City pair
David Cuffley Skipper Grant Holt and defender Jens Berthel Askou are among the injury concerns for City boss Paul Lambert after his side's dramatic 3-3 draw at Yeovil.
Skipper Grant Holt and defender Jens Berthel Askou are among the injury concerns for City boss Paul Lambert after his side's dramatic 3-3 draw at Yeovil.
Holt suffered a bang on the ankle and Askou limped away from the ground after he was the victim of a late challenge by substitute Jonathan Obika.
Lambert was today set to check on both players ahead of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy area semi-final at Southampton tomorrow (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
“We might have one or two little knocks but I'll just have to wait and see who's OK,” he said. “We've got another hard game on Tuesday and we have to go again.”
Holt, who scored five goals in one match for Shrewsury at Wycombe in the JPT last season, has yet to appear in the competition for the Canaries, but Askou, pictured, has played in all three previous rounds against Brentford, Gillingham and Swindon. Lambert has made wholesale changes to his first-choice line-up for all three ties, but with City just two rounds from a Wembley final and the Saints likely to put out a strong side, he has to strike a balance between the need to get through to the next round but not overstretch the same players ahead of the League One visit of Huddersfield on Saturday.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?