Trunch take giant step towards securing promotion
Haisboro Athletic completed a Slater & Frith Division One league double over North Walsham ‘A’ thanks to a Thomas Crabb hat-trick and a goal from James Underhill with Shane Kay and OG replying for the visitors to give a 4-2 scoreline.
Plumstead Rangers, leaders of the Wayford Nurseries Division Two, secured three more points at home to Blakeney. Second-placed Cromer Youth Old Boys travelled to Corpusty Reserves and ran out 8-1 winners whilst Holt ‘A’ were odd goal winners of three away at Erpingham.
In the top of the table clash in the Knights Trophies Division Three, at the home of the leaders Trunch, when Southrepps were the visitors and at the end of the game it was the home side who had taken a giant step towards securing the championship and promotion following their 4-1 success. Felmingham moved within a point of the top two following their 3-1 home win over Mundesley Reserves. Worstead Reserves returned home from Aldborough Reserves 2-0 victors.
It was League Cup day in the NPSS Security Services NEN League and in the Smallburgh Crown Division One League Cup, Runton played hosts to Gimingham and scored a nap hand victory to set up a next round home tie against North Walsham ‘A’.
Mundesley also hit five at home to Aylsham ‘A’ who replied twice and they are also rewarded with a home tie against Haisboro Athletic. Cup holders East Ruston, thanks to a Mark Burton hat-trick saw off Corpusty 3-1 with the visitors’ goal coming from the penalty spot. Ruston will now travel to Horning and the remaining tie sees Worstead entertain Ludham.
You may also want to watch:
In the Rivett Motors Division Two League Cup, Aldborough advanced into the next round via a walkover and the full draw is as follows: Cawston v Corpusty Reserves, Erpingham v Cromer Youth O B, Holt ‘A’ v Aldborough, Plumstead Rangers v Hickling. All these ties will be played on April 6.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 4 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 6 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 7 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 8 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 9 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City