Trunch take giant step towards securing promotion
Haisboro Athletic completed a Slater & Frith Division One league double over North Walsham ‘A’ thanks to a Thomas Crabb hat-trick and a goal from James Underhill with Shane Kay and OG replying for the visitors to give a 4-2 scoreline.
Plumstead Rangers, leaders of the Wayford Nurseries Division Two, secured three more points at home to Blakeney. Second-placed Cromer Youth Old Boys travelled to Corpusty Reserves and ran out 8-1 winners whilst Holt ‘A’ were odd goal winners of three away at Erpingham.
In the top of the table clash in the Knights Trophies Division Three, at the home of the leaders Trunch, when Southrepps were the visitors and at the end of the game it was the home side who had taken a giant step towards securing the championship and promotion following their 4-1 success. Felmingham moved within a point of the top two following their 3-1 home win over Mundesley Reserves. Worstead Reserves returned home from Aldborough Reserves 2-0 victors.
It was League Cup day in the NPSS Security Services NEN League and in the Smallburgh Crown Division One League Cup, Runton played hosts to Gimingham and scored a nap hand victory to set up a next round home tie against North Walsham ‘A’.
Mundesley also hit five at home to Aylsham ‘A’ who replied twice and they are also rewarded with a home tie against Haisboro Athletic. Cup holders East Ruston, thanks to a Mark Burton hat-trick saw off Corpusty 3-1 with the visitors’ goal coming from the penalty spot. Ruston will now travel to Horning and the remaining tie sees Worstead entertain Ludham.
You may also want to watch:
In the Rivett Motors Division Two League Cup, Aldborough advanced into the next round via a walkover and the full draw is as follows: Cawston v Corpusty Reserves, Erpingham v Cromer Youth O B, Holt ‘A’ v Aldborough, Plumstead Rangers v Hickling. All these ties will be played on April 6.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion