Trust is backing plea on refund
Norwich City Supporters Trust has backed the call for season ticket-holders to waive their relegation rebate. And it has urged those who have already decided to claim their refund to re-invest the money in the Trust to “increase the fans' voice as a major shareholder”. Click here to visit the Trust's websiteClick here to visit the Trust's website
Norwich City Supporters Trust has backed the call for season ticket-holders to waive their relegation rebate.
And it has urged those who have already decided to claim their refund to re-invest the money in the Trust to “increase the fans' voice as a major shareholder”. Their statement, issued today, said the “long-term sustainability of our football club must override all other issues”.
It read: “The Southampton scenario must not be replayed at Carrow Road and for that reason the Trust has welcomed Michael Foulger's generous offer to match the relegation rebate to provide at least some funds for player recruitment.
“The Trust do not see waiving the right to the rebate as implicit support for the previous actions of the directors or managers. This is not about sending vague messages. We see it as a necessity to sustain football at Carrow Road at the highest possible level within the financial limitations of the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Paul Bond said he hoped as many season ticket-holders as possible would waive their rebate and at the same time join the Trust.
He said: “To those that have already claimed their rebate, the Trust asks them to reconsider and, if willing, to return all or some of the rebate to the club via the Trust in order that the Trust might increase the fans' voice as a major shareholder.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia
“If every season ticket-holder, some 18,000 plus, became members of the Trust then not only would it unite the fans within a single democratic structure but the voice of the fans could not be ignored. Almost certainly, from that 18,000 membership, there would emerge suitable candidates with the necessary business experience to become a valuable member of the football club board.”