Norwich City transfer rumours: Trybull set to join Besiktas
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Tom Trybull is set to join Turkish club Besiktas on loan, according to reports.
Turkish outlet Ajansspor are claiming that City’s out-of-favour midfielder is primed for a switch to Istanbul - with the deal likely to include an option to make it permanent at the end of the season.
Negotiations are continuing between the clubs, with Besiktas hoping to strike an agreement with the Canaries for Trybull’s services.
City boss Daniel Farke confirmed that Trybull wasn’t in his plans and the midfielder hasn’t joined up with City’s squad ahead of the new season.
Trybull is surplus to requirements along with Moritz Leitner and Josip Drmic, City’s boss stated in a recent interview.
You may also want to watch:
“Josip (Drmic) is not in our plans, and we have now brought a striker in for him. We have also decided to go without Tom Trybull and Moritz Leitner but Jacob and Oliver have joined us. With an injury to Sam Byram we needed a full-back option with Xavi Quintilla.”
The Press Association’s Nick Mashiter claimed over that weekend that Leitner was the subject of interest from Championship and Bundesliga clubs as he edges closer to the exit door at Carrow Road.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
Trybull has two years remaining on his contract at Carrow Road. City possess an option to extend that for a further year.
The German midfielder made 20 appearances in all competitions for Farke’s side last season - but the club have identified the middle of the park as being an area they wish to strengthen.
Jacob Sorensen, Oliver Skipp and Kieran Dowell have been added to their midfield ranks as they hope to find a better balance to their engineroom.
Trybull joined City on a free transfer in July 2017, having spent the previous season with Dutch top-flight side ADO Den Haag. He has made 81 appearances for the Canaries.
Besiktas were rumoured to have held exploratory talks with Teemu Pukki’s representatives earlier this summer in hope of signing the Finnish international.
Their supporters bombarded Pukki’s social media with comments of ‘Come to Besiktas’, although it is expected that the striker will remain with the Canaries next season.