Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries NOT in the race for Manchester City starlet
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City is not in talks to sign Manchester City centre back Joel Latibeaudiere.
Speculation the Canaries had targeted the 20-year-old ahead of next week’s domestic transfer deadline is wide of the mark, after the Manchester Evening News claimed on Thursday afternoon Latibeaudiere, who can also operate at full back, was in discussions with both City and Championship rivals Reading.
Latibeaudiere spent last season on loan at FC Twente but is deemed surplus to requirements at the Citizens and expected to move on ahead of the deadline on October 16.
City have offloaded both Ben Godfrey and Timm Klose in recent days, leaving the Canaries with three senior centre backs now on the books in Ben Gibson, Christoph Zimmermann and Grant Hanley.
Norwich had been linked with Arsenal’s William Saliba although head coach Daniel Farke is believed to be weighing up whether to fast track Republic of Ireland youth international Andrew Omobamidele into his first team set up.
You may also want to watch:
The Doncaster-born Latibeaudiere has progressed through the Sky Blues’ impressive academy but is yet to make a senior first team appearance under Pep Guardiola.
Latibeaudiere was also part of the England Under-17 set up that won the World Cup at that level in 2017 in a squad that included Callum Hudson Odoi, Jadon Sancho and Rhian Brewster under current Swansea chief Steve Cooper.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit