Two Canaries players named in Championship Team of the Week
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Two of Norwich City’s players have been named in the latest Championship Team of the Week.
Canaries keeper Tim Krul and centre-back Grant Hanley have been included following a hard fought 1-0 win over Swansea City at Carrow Road, which featured lots of good defending from both teams.
Victory moved Norwich above the Swans and back up to third in the Championship table, extending an unbeaten run to seven matches ahead of the international break.
Krul has played every minute of the season so far and kept a fourth clean sheet of the campaign before joining up with Holland, making a string of crucial saves to deny Swansea forwards Jamal Lowe and Andre Ayew - the latter of whom has also been named in the divisional team.
City skipper Hanley has returned for the last seven matches after six months without a game, having injured his hamstring before the Premier League season resumed in June after the UK’s first lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Since the Scot has returned the Canaries have conceded just four goals during their seven-game unbeaten run, alongside Ben Gibson in central defence to start with, before the return of Christoph Zimmermann on Saturday due to muscle tightness for Burnley loanee Gibson.
The divisional teams are selected with the aid of performance statistics from WhoScored.com at the end of each game week.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 9 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 10 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
Hanley, Lukas Rupp, Emi Buendia and Teemu Pukki have all been named in the divisional team during recent weeks, as City’s results have improved.
CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM OF THE WEEK
Game week 11: TIM KRUL (NORWICH); Danny Batth (Stoke City), Jordan Storey (Preston), GRANT HANLEY (NORWICH); Ryan Ledson (Preston), Conor Chaplin (Barnsley); David Brooks (Bournemouth), Lyle Taylor (Nottm Forest), Adam Armstrong (Blackburn), Andre Ayew (Swansea), Ben Brereton (Blackburn).
Manager: Michael O’Neill (Stoke City)