Two in, Camm out at The Walks
King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs today added ex-football league academy prospects Joe Magunda and Lewis Webb to his Unibond Premier Division squad.Magunda has agreed a one year deal following talks with Heggs in Coventry earlier today.
King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs today added ex-football league academy prospects Joe Magunda and Lewis Webb to his Unibond Premier Division squad.
Magunda has agreed a one year deal following talks with Heggs in Coventry earlier today. The 20-year-old former Leicester City centre half played ten games on loan for Blue Square Premier Woking last season. Magunda has also represented England at U16 and U17 levels.
Ex-Peterborough youth team midfielder Lewis Webb makes the same move to The Walks after spells with Aylesbury and Stamford. The latest signings follow the arrivals of Redditch duo Jordan Smith and Owen Storey along with ex-Chesterfield trainee keeper Daniel Whatsize.
But long serving Lynn stalwart Mark Camm has severed his ties with the club after completing a switch to Unibond Premier rivals Boston United. Camm rejected an approach from the Pilgrims last season but the 27-year becomes United's first close season signing for new managerial duo Rob Scott and Paul Hurst.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to make our first signing and although it has taken a little time, we believe it's a good start to our squad-building programme,” said Scott. “Mark will be a good acquisition and I am confident that further additions will now start to follow.”
Camm made 269 appearances for the Linnets in a six year career and was a key member of the two promotion winning squads at Southern League level.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 7 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain