UEA A 6, Wensum Albion 0
DIVISION TWO: With only eleven players available Albion knew they were in for a tough game against a strong UEA team.
It was the home side who applied the pressure from the whistle with the Albion defence holding firm and dealing with the attacks, Jarrett and Philo competing well with the tall UEA strikers.
Albion then began to make inroads into the UEA half forcing a number of corners, Martin volleying a good chance wide of the mark.
Striker Gorbould then looked likely to score when the UEA keeper fumbled the ball but was well tackled in the area. Having kept the score at 0-0 for the first half Albion knew they had to maintain concentration for the second 45.
The deadlock was broken on the hour mark when a UEA forward squeezed the ball in at the near post from close range. Despite making some very good saves Albion keeper Chard was picking the ball out of the net again five minutes later when Albion struggled to defend a UEA corner, the finish doubling the home side’s lead.
You may also want to watch:
With Albion players tiring, a number of gaps opened up over the park, the UEA then started dominating the game and created many more chances to stretch the scoreline and end the game six goals to the good.
Credit must go to the eleven Albion players who despite the score line put in a solid first half performance.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know