UEA A 6, Wensum Albion 0
DIVISION TWO: With only eleven players available Albion knew they were in for a tough game against a strong UEA team.
It was the home side who applied the pressure from the whistle with the Albion defence holding firm and dealing with the attacks, Jarrett and Philo competing well with the tall UEA strikers.
Albion then began to make inroads into the UEA half forcing a number of corners, Martin volleying a good chance wide of the mark.
Striker Gorbould then looked likely to score when the UEA keeper fumbled the ball but was well tackled in the area. Having kept the score at 0-0 for the first half Albion knew they had to maintain concentration for the second 45.
The deadlock was broken on the hour mark when a UEA forward squeezed the ball in at the near post from close range. Despite making some very good saves Albion keeper Chard was picking the ball out of the net again five minutes later when Albion struggled to defend a UEA corner, the finish doubling the home side’s lead.
You may also want to watch:
With Albion players tiring, a number of gaps opened up over the park, the UEA then started dominating the game and created many more chances to stretch the scoreline and end the game six goals to the good.
Credit must go to the eleven Albion players who despite the score line put in a solid first half performance.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion