Unbeaten Blues in seventh heaven
RIDGEONS LEAGUE: Lowestoft moved three points clear at the top of the Premier Division after ending Leiston's unbeaten start to the season at Crown Meadow last night. The Blues won 2-1 in front of a crowd of 672 - their seventh win of the season.
Lowestoft moved three points clear at the top of the Premier Division after ending Leiston's unbeaten start to the season at Crown Meadow last night.
The Blues won 2-1 in front of a crowd of 672 - their seventh win of the season.
A Danny Beaumont doubled helped Dereham see off 10-man Norwich United 2-0 at Plantation Park.
Norwich skipper Lee Howlett received a straight red card for kicking out at Dereham's Graham Barrett. The visitors went ahead on 36 minutes through Beaumont's perfectly executed free-kick.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham increased their lead in the 50th minute with a well worked move. Beaumont found Howell on the right before swiftly moving into the box to sidefoot home his second of the night from the wideman's low cross.
Diss surrendered the lead to hand Stowmarket a 2-1 win - their first Division One success of the season - at Brewer's Green Lane last night.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Diss took the lead in the 50th minute when an inswinging corner from Luke Catchpole at the near post was not cleared and Brendan Foley headed in from close range.
Stowmarket equalised in the 72nd minute when Tom Deller turned inside the penalty area and shot into the far corner. The winning goal came in the 83rd minute when a free-kick was played into the danger area for Sam Bartholomew to float the ball into the net.