Story of the match: Lowestoft Town 0 Norwich City U23s 3
- Credit: James Bass
Lowestoft Town took on Norwich City Under-23s in a friendly at the Amber Dew Events Stadium this evening (7.30pm kick-off).
The Canaries were expected to include a few first team players on the road back to fitness but fielded a team largely made up of players from Matt Gill’s under-23 squad.
The likes of Timm Klose, Tom Trybull and Yanic Wildschut could all have done with some match time ahead of City’s home clash against Birmingham City in the Championship on Saturday, but are not involved.
City head coach Daniel Farke’s first domestic outing in charge of Norwich came at Lowestoft back in July, when the Trawlerboys took the lead through Travis Cole but a Cameron Jerome penalty and goals from Steven Naismith and Marley Watkins put the visitors in control by the break.
Nelson Oliveira and Mario Vrancic then completed a 5-1 victory, in a pre-season friendly which doubled as a re-arranged testimonial for Blues’ stalwart Micky Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
On this occasion it was goals from Savvag Mourgos, Adam Phillips and Devonte Aransibia which did the damage in a 3-0 win for the Canaries.
• Re-live updates from the game above
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can City mark fans return with a win over Wednesday?
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday - Pukki and Emi fit
- 3 Yanic Wildschut on why his Norwich City move didn't work out
- 4 Canaries 2-1 Sheffield Weds: City stage thrilling late comeback
- 5 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 6 Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday - all you need to know
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 win over Sheffield Weds
- 8 City chief backs club stance over Hatters fallout
- 9 Farke's fan plea ahead of Carrow Rd return
- 10 'We don't want to get used to being beaten' - Farke lays it on the line