Story of the match: Lowestoft Town 0 Norwich City U23s 3
- Credit: James Bass
Lowestoft Town took on Norwich City Under-23s in a friendly at the Amber Dew Events Stadium this evening (7.30pm kick-off).
The Canaries were expected to include a few first team players on the road back to fitness but fielded a team largely made up of players from Matt Gill’s under-23 squad.
The likes of Timm Klose, Tom Trybull and Yanic Wildschut could all have done with some match time ahead of City’s home clash against Birmingham City in the Championship on Saturday, but are not involved.
City head coach Daniel Farke’s first domestic outing in charge of Norwich came at Lowestoft back in July, when the Trawlerboys took the lead through Travis Cole but a Cameron Jerome penalty and goals from Steven Naismith and Marley Watkins put the visitors in control by the break.
Nelson Oliveira and Mario Vrancic then completed a 5-1 victory, in a pre-season friendly which doubled as a re-arranged testimonial for Blues’ stalwart Micky Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
On this occasion it was goals from Savvag Mourgos, Adam Phillips and Devonte Aransibia which did the damage in a 3-0 win for the Canaries.
• Re-live updates from the game above
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 9 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit