Story of the match: Lowestoft Town 0 Norwich City U23s 3
- Credit: James Bass
Lowestoft Town took on Norwich City Under-23s in a friendly at the Amber Dew Events Stadium this evening (7.30pm kick-off).
The Canaries were expected to include a few first team players on the road back to fitness but fielded a team largely made up of players from Matt Gill’s under-23 squad.
The likes of Timm Klose, Tom Trybull and Yanic Wildschut could all have done with some match time ahead of City’s home clash against Birmingham City in the Championship on Saturday, but are not involved.
City head coach Daniel Farke’s first domestic outing in charge of Norwich came at Lowestoft back in July, when the Trawlerboys took the lead through Travis Cole but a Cameron Jerome penalty and goals from Steven Naismith and Marley Watkins put the visitors in control by the break.
Nelson Oliveira and Mario Vrancic then completed a 5-1 victory, in a pre-season friendly which doubled as a re-arranged testimonial for Blues’ stalwart Micky Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
On this occasion it was goals from Savvag Mourgos, Adam Phillips and Devonte Aransibia which did the damage in a 3-0 win for the Canaries.
• Re-live updates from the game above
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 6 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 8 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis