Updates: Norwich City press conference ahead of Championship clash with Hull
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The international break is over and Norwich City are preparing to return to Championship action, against Hull City at Carrow Road tomorrow.
Canaries head coach Daniel Farke is due to speak to the media at Colney this afternoon ahead of the encounter, to provide the latest team news.
There was limited action for City players on international duty. Goalkeeper Angus Gunn played twice for the England Under-21s and veteran playmaker Wes Hoolahan played 78 minutes of a 2-0 win over Moldova for the Republic of Ireland last Friday, before being an unused substitute for a 1-0 win in Wales – which sealed a World Cup qualification play-off place – on Monday.
Centre-back Grant Hanley sat on the bench for two games as Scotland missed out on World Cup qualification and Marley Watkins pulled out of the Wales squad with a minor injury, although the forward is banned for three games after being sent off late on as City won 2-1 at Reading before the break.
Back-up keeper Michael McGovern started both of Northern Ireland’s games, a 3-1 home loss to Germany in which he won man of the match and a 1-0 loss in Norway – with a play-off spot already secure.
Farke’s side are looking to continue a seven-game unbeaten run which saw the German nominated for the Sky Bet Championship manager of the month award and midfielder James Maddison for the player of the month award.
Both missed out on winning but Maddison has today been announced as the winner of the Championship goal of the month award for September, for a superb strike in City’s 1-0 win at Middlesbrough.
You may also want to watch:
Hull head to Norfolk tomorrow having brought an end to five games without a win before the break, thrashing Birmingham 6-1 to pick up their third win of the season under former Russia boss Leonid Slutsky.
• Follow updates from the press conference above from 1pm
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return