“Very good performance from all the lads” – Norwich City fans relish 3-1 Carabao Cup success at Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mario Vrancic’s first goals since his summer move from Germany made sure of safe passage to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup for Norwich City.
The Bosnia & Herzegovina international midfielder’s double set the Canaries on their way to a 3-1 win at Brentford to go in to the hat for tomorrow night’s draw for the last 16.
City took the lead in just the 10th minute at Griffin Park when Vrancic rolled home a cool penalty. The Bees had a golden opportunity to equalise 10 minutes later when Wes Hoolahan brought down Florian Jozefzoon, however Yoann Barbet blasted the spot-kick over the crossbar.
The hosts, with seven changes from the team which drew with Reading, were made to regret their miss early in the second half when Hoolahan was chopped down on the edge of the area and Vrancic curled home a free-kick from 25 yards.
Josh Murphy then made sure of progress in the 68th minute, after being played clean through by Tom Trybull, before Josh Clarke pulled back a late consolation for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City