“Very good performance from all the lads” – Norwich City fans relish 3-1 Carabao Cup success at Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mario Vrancic’s first goals since his summer move from Germany made sure of safe passage to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup for Norwich City.
The Bosnia & Herzegovina international midfielder’s double set the Canaries on their way to a 3-1 win at Brentford to go in to the hat for tomorrow night’s draw for the last 16.
City took the lead in just the 10th minute at Griffin Park when Vrancic rolled home a cool penalty. The Bees had a golden opportunity to equalise 10 minutes later when Wes Hoolahan brought down Florian Jozefzoon, however Yoann Barbet blasted the spot-kick over the crossbar.
The hosts, with seven changes from the team which drew with Reading, were made to regret their miss early in the second half when Hoolahan was chopped down on the edge of the area and Vrancic curled home a free-kick from 25 yards.
Josh Murphy then made sure of progress in the 68th minute, after being played clean through by Tom Trybull, before Josh Clarke pulled back a late consolation for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 3 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 6 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 7 'There isn't one team that stands out' - Bees' boss on promotion fight
- 8 Boro set to sign Premier League forward ahead of Norwich trip
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 Connor Southwell: Sorting Todd’s contract is City’s next big mission