Video: Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio joins Norwich City in Steve Morison plus cash deal
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City have signed Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio in exchange for Steve Morison and a reported sum of £200,000.
Becchio has agreed a three-and-a-half year deal, joining former Leeds team mates Jonny Howson, Robert Snodgrass and Bradley Johnson at Carrow Road.
Becchio said: “I spoke to Robert Snodgrass and Jonny Howson about Norwich and they both had really good things to say about the club and the city.
“I cannot wait to play my first game for Norwich. I am really happy about having the chance to play in the Premier League, it is brilliant for me personally and for my career.”
“The Premier League has some brilliant players including people like Aguero and Tevez and it will be a great experience for me to play against players of that quality.”
You may also want to watch:
Part of the deal sees Norwich City striker Steve Morison joining Leeds on a three-and-a-half year contract.
Leeds United manager Neil Warnock said: “I’m absolutely delighted that we’ve been able to bring Steve in.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
“Even before Luciano put in his transfer request we had enquired about Steve - he was at the top of my list in January to bring in - and I can’t tell you how delighted I am.
“Steve meets all the requirements of the striker we’ve been looking to bring in. For me, he is a player who has everything. He can score goals from anywhere - whether it’s 25 yards or a tap-in - he has pace, and he has all the attributes you want.”