Video: Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio joins Norwich City in Steve Morison plus cash deal
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City have signed Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio in exchange for Steve Morison and a reported sum of £200,000.
Becchio has agreed a three-and-a-half year deal, joining former Leeds team mates Jonny Howson, Robert Snodgrass and Bradley Johnson at Carrow Road.
Becchio said: “I spoke to Robert Snodgrass and Jonny Howson about Norwich and they both had really good things to say about the club and the city.
“I cannot wait to play my first game for Norwich. I am really happy about having the chance to play in the Premier League, it is brilliant for me personally and for my career.”
“The Premier League has some brilliant players including people like Aguero and Tevez and it will be a great experience for me to play against players of that quality.”
You may also want to watch:
Part of the deal sees Norwich City striker Steve Morison joining Leeds on a three-and-a-half year contract.
Leeds United manager Neil Warnock said: “I’m absolutely delighted that we’ve been able to bring Steve in.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
“Even before Luciano put in his transfer request we had enquired about Steve - he was at the top of my list in January to bring in - and I can’t tell you how delighted I am.
“Steve meets all the requirements of the striker we’ve been looking to bring in. For me, he is a player who has everything. He can score goals from anywhere - whether it’s 25 yards or a tap-in - he has pace, and he has all the attributes you want.”