VIDEO: Norwich City's new away kit revealed
Michael Bailey Norwich City will be hoping their new 'all white' away kit prompts them to be 'alright' come the end of the current Championship campaign. The Canaries launched their new away ensemble for the next two seasons in the sun-drenched cloisters of Norwich Cathedral.
Norwich City will be hoping their new 'all white' away kit prompts them to be 'alright' come the end of the current Championship campaign.
The Canaries launched their new away ensemble for the next two seasons in the sun-drenched cloisters of Norwich Cathedral this afternoon, with first team stars Sammy Clingan, Darel Russell, Cody McDonald, Adam Drury and captain Gary Doherty on hand to model it, along with City manager Bryan Gunn's daughter, Melissa.
The kit features a white shirt, shorts and socks, with touches of green piping, a traditional white shirt collar and the Aviva logo on both the front and back of the shirt, and the kit certainly met with Russell's approval.
You may also want to watch:
“It looks nice, there are big teams in white,” said the midfielder. “I remember a few years ago we used to have a white third kit and that was particularly nice, but this one seems nice and credit to the commercial team with a lot of the detailing.
“It feels pretty comfortable and I think it'll be a nice kit and big fans. Obviously the kit lady probably won't be too happy, she's going to have a few stains to get the scrubbing brush out on, but apart from that, I think everything's fine.”
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
- 4 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 5 City keeper issues injury update
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 10 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
Norwich will keep their current home kit, with the white version replacing this season's all black away number, which City have won in just once from five games - in front of the Sky television cameras at Nottingham Forest in November.
The black kit brought draws at Wolves and Barnsley but defeats at Watford and Blackpool, and Norwich will be hoping their new, all white attire not only brings a change in away day luck, but gets the chance to be aired in the Championship come August, as this season's relegation struggles come to a head over the two remaining weekends of the campaign.