Video Verdict: Our Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey gives his take on the Canaries’ FA Cup third round replay exit at Premier League Southampton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mustard sports editor Michael Bailey wraps up his take at St Mary’s Stadium, following Norwich City’s FA Cup exit at Southampton
City’s 2017 FA Cup campaign ended in the third round, as they lost out to Shane Long’s scrambled winner in the second of three added minutes after the 90.
It was a patched-together City side as manager Alex Neil dealt with injuries and suspension for their third round replay.
City took a sizeable contingent of more than 1,000 supporters with them to the south coast, and they could at least appreciate the effort of their team on the pitch against top-flight opposition.
City return to EFL Championship on Saturday, when Wolverhampton Wanderers check into Carrow Road – with Wolves now managed before former City boss, Paul Lambert.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries are currently eight points of the Championship play-off places, with Saturday’s kick-off at 3pm.
Southampton will now host Premier League title challengers Arsenal in the fourth round of the FA Cup, while on the same weekend City will welcome Birmingham to Carrow Road for a Championship fixture on Saturday, January 28 (3pm).
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression