City U23s winger celebrates Scotland U19 call-up with PL2 equaliser at Villa Park
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Aidan Fitzpatrick celebrated his first Scotland Under-19 call-up by scoring his first Premier League Two goal for Norwich City, at Villa Park.
The summer signing from Partick Thistle has U18 caps but this week the winger was called up to the Scotland U19 squad ahead of the international break, joining City U23s keeper Archie Mair at that level, who was signed from Aberdeen this summer.
Villa had claimed the lead two minutes after the break but Fitzpatrick levelled in the 73rd minute to earn a 1-1 draw, following up a 2-1 win at Sunderland for David Wright's squad the previous weekend.
Next up is a home clash with Middlesbrough on Friday (7pm kick-off) at the Lotus Training Centre in Colney, with the young Canaries currently seventh in Division Two of PL2, with four points from three games.
Norwich U23s: Mair; Jones, Lomas, Famewo (C), Nizet; Scully, Hondermarck (McAlear 68), Adshead, Fitzpatrick; Hutchinson, Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Milovanovic
You may also want to watch:
- We spoke to Fitzpatrick during pre-season, you can watch his interview above
- 1 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 2 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 3 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 9 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes