City U23s winger celebrates Scotland U19 call-up with PL2 equaliser at Villa Park
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Aidan Fitzpatrick celebrated his first Scotland Under-19 call-up by scoring his first Premier League Two goal for Norwich City, at Villa Park.
The summer signing from Partick Thistle has U18 caps but this week the winger was called up to the Scotland U19 squad ahead of the international break, joining City U23s keeper Archie Mair at that level, who was signed from Aberdeen this summer.
Villa had claimed the lead two minutes after the break but Fitzpatrick levelled in the 73rd minute to earn a 1-1 draw, following up a 2-1 win at Sunderland for David Wright's squad the previous weekend.
Next up is a home clash with Middlesbrough on Friday (7pm kick-off) at the Lotus Training Centre in Colney, with the young Canaries currently seventh in Division Two of PL2, with four points from three games.
Norwich U23s: Mair; Jones, Lomas, Famewo (C), Nizet; Scully, Hondermarck (McAlear 68), Adshead, Fitzpatrick; Hutchinson, Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Milovanovic
You may also want to watch:
- We spoke to Fitzpatrick during pre-season, you can watch his interview above
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 7 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 8 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 9 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief
- 10 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City