City maestro named in Championship team of the week
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Mario Vrancic has been named in the Sky Bet Championship Team of the Week for his performance in the 2-1 in over Sheffield Wednesday.
The Bosnian was at his creative best against the Owls setting up both City’s goals.
Vrancic’s beautifully weighted pass helped Josh Martin equalise Josh Windass’ opener before his clever backheel set up Max Aarons to rifle home the winner.
Head coach Daniel Farke believes the 31-year-old is one of the best players in the country when in possession.
“You can always count on him,” he said. “With the ball, in possession, he is one of the best in the country.
"Perhaps without the ball he is not the most mobile or good defensively.
"But he can change a game with his passing and quality. He is probably the best player in this league to change a game from the bench as well.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know