Wales call-up for Canaries forward Watkins
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Wales have called up Norwich City forward Marley Watkins again, ahead of two friendly games during the international break.
The 27-year-old has been consistently called up by Chris Coleman this year but is yet to win his first cap, with injuries disrupting his international progress.
The former Swansea City trainee is included in a 24-man squad for games against France in Paris on Friday, November 10 (8pm) and Panama in Cardiff on Tuesday, November 14 (7.45pm).
Wales have missed out on World Cup qualification but both of their opponents have qualified for next summer’s finals in Russia.
Watkins was an unused substitute for qualifying wins over Austria and Moldova, as well as a draw in Serbia, earlier in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Since joining on a free transfer from Barnsley in the summer the former Hereford and Inverness attacker has scored once in 12 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries.
The only other City player called up for international duty during the break so far is goalkeeper Michael McGovern, ahead of Northern Ireland’s play-off games against Switzerland, although Grant Hanley, Russell Martin and Steven Naismith have missed out on a place in the Scotland squad.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round