Walsh brothers help leaders Runton to victory over champions Gimingham
Back to normal last week in the NPSS Security Services NEN League and the reigning Slater & Firth Division One champions Gimingham played hosts to current leaders Runton.
In a close affair it was the visitors who ran out odd goal winners of five with their goals coming from Paul Winterbone and one-apiece from the Walsh brothers Liam and Ryan with Michael Dennis and Ryan Beeson replying for Gimingham.
Third placed Haisboro Athletic had to come from 4-2 down to snatch a point in a four all draw at home to North Walsham ‘A’ thanks to a Thomas Crabb hat-trick and one from Will Pearce, on target for Walsham were Ben Gigli and Ali Dunlop both notching a brace.
Ludham were 4-2 home winners over Mundesley whilst East Ruston returned home from Aylsham ‘A’ with maximum point’s odd goal winners of three.
Wayford Nurseries Division Two leaders Cromer Youth Old Boys were at home to Hickling and thanks to a brace from Oliver Gahegan picked up three more points as they won 2-1 with Bradley Currie replying for the visitors, second placed Plumstead Rangers were again amongst the goals with a double figure win over Gimingham Reserves, whilst Aldborough Lions did their promotion chances no harm whatsoever following their 7-2 home win over Blakeney. Holt ‘A’ won away at Cawston 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Both front runners in the Knights Trophies Division Three recorded excellent away wins. Leaders Trunch 5-1 at Holt Colts and Southrepps 6-1 at Erpingham Reserves. Mundesley Reserves saw off Aldborough Reserves 4-1 and in the local derby between Worstead Reserves and East Ruston Reserves, it finished 5-4 in favour of the home side
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round