Walsham pull clear at top
Viv Thomas North Walsham increased their lead at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division to six points with a comprehensive 3-1 home win over Watton United.
North Walsham increased their lead at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division to six points with a comprehensive 3-1 home win over Watton United.
Anthony Davies, Alex Fitzgerald and David Hinton netted for the Angels and Watton's goal came courtesy of Chris Astbury.
Second-placed Cromer had a week off league action as they were playing in the Mummery Cup but despite a goal by Matthew Eves, they were knocked out by Blofield 2-1 with Kris Hart hitting a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles replaced Brandon in third place after beating them
2-0 with Alan Remblance the marksman. Brandon slip to sixth as a result of this defeat.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Acle rise two places to fourth after hitting five against visitors Sprowston Athletic with no reply. Ian Morgan scored twice with efforts by James Foreman, Lewis Holsworth and Richard Fruin completing the scoreline.
Lowly Mattishall collected three valuable points by beating mid-table Wroxham Reserves 3-1 and now sit one below them in 11th place after rising three places.
Dersingham Rovers hosted Sheringham and it ended up honours even in a 1-1 draw. Wes Auker was on target for Rovers and Kristian Gleave in reply.
Hempnall went on a goal blitz against Spixworth with Tom Halliwell, Paul Franklin, Greg Devlin and Paul Hunter netting. Loddon paid a visit to St Andrews and returned home with a 1-0 win thanks to a Richard Greenhalf goal. It means Loddon leap up to fifth.
Meanwhile in Division One, table-topping Norwich St Johns increased their lead with a 3-0 win over Wells Town, with Luke Tuttle netting a hat-trick.
Bungay beat visitors Horsford 4-3 with an Ainsley Baynes brace, and others by Craig Hunting and Paul Bullen. For Horsford, it was Mark Bailes, Scott McKinney and own goal.
Wymondham could only gain an own goal against Caister who hit four (Nicky Crawley brace, Lee Bennett and Kevin Jarvis). Hindringham went nap against Poringland Wanderers. Scott Gray hit a hat-trick, Karl Pask and Darren West with Alistair Shearer, and Nick Stride and Matthew Elwin replying. Long Stratton's Shaun Flint scored twice and Mark Whitmore once in 3-2 win over Reepham (Mark Gaskin, Grant Sleight). Scole lost 3-1 to Corton with Simon Bartram's goal not enough against efforts by Carl Burgess, Scott Daniels and Ryan Bloomfield.
Stalham Town (Michael Reynolds, Dan Kendall) beat Holt United (Rob Warne) 2-1.