Walsham pull clear at top
Viv Thomas North Walsham increased their lead at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division to six points with a comprehensive 3-1 home win over Watton United.
North Walsham increased their lead at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division to six points with a comprehensive 3-1 home win over Watton United.
Anthony Davies, Alex Fitzgerald and David Hinton netted for the Angels and Watton's goal came courtesy of Chris Astbury.
Second-placed Cromer had a week off league action as they were playing in the Mummery Cup but despite a goal by Matthew Eves, they were knocked out by Blofield 2-1 with Kris Hart hitting a brace.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles replaced Brandon in third place after beating them
2-0 with Alan Remblance the marksman. Brandon slip to sixth as a result of this defeat.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
Acle rise two places to fourth after hitting five against visitors Sprowston Athletic with no reply. Ian Morgan scored twice with efforts by James Foreman, Lewis Holsworth and Richard Fruin completing the scoreline.
Lowly Mattishall collected three valuable points by beating mid-table Wroxham Reserves 3-1 and now sit one below them in 11th place after rising three places.
Dersingham Rovers hosted Sheringham and it ended up honours even in a 1-1 draw. Wes Auker was on target for Rovers and Kristian Gleave in reply.
Hempnall went on a goal blitz against Spixworth with Tom Halliwell, Paul Franklin, Greg Devlin and Paul Hunter netting. Loddon paid a visit to St Andrews and returned home with a 1-0 win thanks to a Richard Greenhalf goal. It means Loddon leap up to fifth.
Meanwhile in Division One, table-topping Norwich St Johns increased their lead with a 3-0 win over Wells Town, with Luke Tuttle netting a hat-trick.
Bungay beat visitors Horsford 4-3 with an Ainsley Baynes brace, and others by Craig Hunting and Paul Bullen. For Horsford, it was Mark Bailes, Scott McKinney and own goal.
Wymondham could only gain an own goal against Caister who hit four (Nicky Crawley brace, Lee Bennett and Kevin Jarvis). Hindringham went nap against Poringland Wanderers. Scott Gray hit a hat-trick, Karl Pask and Darren West with Alistair Shearer, and Nick Stride and Matthew Elwin replying. Long Stratton's Shaun Flint scored twice and Mark Whitmore once in 3-2 win over Reepham (Mark Gaskin, Grant Sleight). Scole lost 3-1 to Corton with Simon Bartram's goal not enough against efforts by Carl Burgess, Scott Daniels and Ryan Bloomfield.
Stalham Town (Michael Reynolds, Dan Kendall) beat Holt United (Rob Warne) 2-1.