Wanderers stunned by rapid response as frost bites
With the wet weather and a heavy overnight frost, only sixteen games survived in the league this weekend.
No games took place in the Premier Division, but in 1A, there was a shock for morning leaders Windmill Wanderers, who after going three up at home to DCS Rapid, were beaten 4-3. Chris Good, John Davis, Nick Weavers and Brett Kingsbury were all on target for the visitors. That result allowed Sprowston Sunday to return to the top of the table courtesy of a 2-1 home win over Vale Longo and Norman Wanderers are now second as goals by Dave Freeman and Luke Durrant gave them a 2-0 win at home to Aslacton & Gt Moulton. Ben Drummee helped himself to a hat trick as Castlegate FC moved up to sixth spot with a good 5-1 win at Hockering, Joe Nathan and Andy Hamilton also scored, whilst Dussindale Rovers made it three wins in a row as they beat Horsford United 4-1.
There are also new leaders in 1B after Acle Rangers Reserves won their top of the table clash at St Faiths 3-1, to replace their hosts at the top. Thomas Blanch hit a brace and Ashley Davies scored from the spot as Earlham United won 3-0 at Rose Tavern and it was a bad day for fourth-placed Heartsease as they were thumped 6-0 at Prince of Denmark. Denmark’s good all round display produced goals for, Chris Holmes (2), Jamie Moore (2), Ben Morgan and Adam Rope. A great half volley after 15 minutes by Daryl Puttock was enough to give PL Rangers a 1-0 win at Unicorns.
The only game played in 2A brought a 5-1 win for The Stores at home to Green Man, and the only game in 2B saw Briston Wanderers defeat Ribs Rovers 4-2.
In 3A, Temples Property were 3-1 winners over Temple Bar, whilst in 3B, Taverham United beat Chapelfield Rovers 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
In 4A, Sporting Longdale Reserves drew 2-2 with Dilham Cross Keys. It was Longdale that twice took the lead with goals from Stewart Halton and Brad Warr but were pegged back both times by Dilham. The basement battle between Hockering Reserves and The Stores Reserves ended all square in a six-goal thriller and in the only game played in 4B, leaders Freemasons hammered 18 without reply against Bunwell FC.
In the preliminary round of the League Cup, Moles Rest were 7-3 winners over Eaton FC, and now face a trip to Horsford United in the first round.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City