Ward to leave Canaries
CITY goalkeeper Darren Ward will be leaving the Club this summer when his contract expires.The former Nottingham Forest 'keeper has been out of action with a chronic back injury since the start of the year.
CITY goalkeeper Darren Ward will be leaving the Club this summer when his contract expires.
The former Nottingham Forest 'keeper has been out of action with a chronic back injury since the start of the year.
The 31-year-old was signed in the summer of 2004 as cover for Robert Green.
And the well-travelled 'keeper has since struggled to force his way into the first team, making just one start and two substitute appearances.
You may also want to watch:
City boss Nigel Worthington told the club's official website: "Darren's been good cover for Robert Green but he's had very limited opportunities due to Green's good form.
"He's been very unfortunate in picking up a back injury which has kept him out for the latter part of the season.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 5 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
"He's an excellent professional and I wish Darren and his family all the best in whatever direction he decides to go."