KING’S LYNN PROMOTED: Cully’s Linnets seal National League spot after 3-2 extra-time comeback win at Warrington Town
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town are going up!
Ian Culverhouse's side clinched a dramatic 3-2 win after extra-time at Warrington to secure their place in the National North Division next season.
Michael Gash was the hero with the winner with just five minutes remaining after it had finished 2-2 at the end of 90 minutes.
Lynn had come through the Southern Premier Central campaign to finish second, got through the semi-finals and the final and then faced this long trip to face the Northern Premier League winners in a 'super' final.
Lynn took the lead through Jordan Richards on 15 minutes, but that was cancelled out two minutes later by Ben Garrity.
You may also want to watch:
Garrity made it 2-1 on 59 minutes and Lynn were indebted to leading scorer Adam Marriott who levelled from the penalty spot with just five minutes remaining.
Extra-time was a tense affair - until Gash struck that glorious winner.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- Recap the thrilling action from Warrington in the window above