KING’S LYNN PROMOTED: Cully’s Linnets seal National League spot after 3-2 extra-time comeback win at Warrington Town
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town are going up!
Ian Culverhouse's side clinched a dramatic 3-2 win after extra-time at Warrington to secure their place in the National North Division next season.
Michael Gash was the hero with the winner with just five minutes remaining after it had finished 2-2 at the end of 90 minutes.
Lynn had come through the Southern Premier Central campaign to finish second, got through the semi-finals and the final and then faced this long trip to face the Northern Premier League winners in a 'super' final.
Lynn took the lead through Jordan Richards on 15 minutes, but that was cancelled out two minutes later by Ben Garrity.
You may also want to watch:
Garrity made it 2-1 on 59 minutes and Lynn were indebted to leading scorer Adam Marriott who levelled from the penalty spot with just five minutes remaining.
Extra-time was a tense affair - until Gash struck that glorious winner.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- Recap the thrilling action from Warrington in the window above