Warriors battle to win at Aylsham
EAST COAST WARRIORS U12 squad split into Blue and Yellow teams for the Aylsham five-a-side tournament.
East Coast Blues battled valiantly, but were felled at the group stage.
East Coast Yellows finished second in their group, having won the first four matches convincingly, and lost the last to Firside, who topped the group by a one point differential.
There were exceptional performances all through the team with Luke Lozeau, Ryan Harris-Smith, Will Reid, Tyler Howell and Lewis Smith dominating in the outfield with speed, skill, and sheer determination to win and hold the ball. Paterson was solid in goal and took some excellent saves. Askew showed some astounding moves as he weaved around players time and again.
The boys then went on to play Aylsham B in the semi-finals, which was a battling and goal-rich affair, finishing 3-3. East Coast Yellows took the golden goal in added time with a scorcher of a full volley from Lewis Smith to roar them through to the finals, where they took on Aylsham A, who had narrowly pipped Firside in their semi-final.
You may also want to watch:
The game was hard fought and every Coast outfield player pushed forward in turn, and took their shift getting back to defend.
There were some fine Aylsham volleys taken down by defence and keeper, and some sterling efforts denied at the other end. The tie finished goalless, and again the golden goal came into play. Aylsham took a shot at Paterson, who took it down, rolled out to the wing where Reid took to forward to the edge of the area and cut back to Lozeau who made no mistake in burying the ball in the Aylsham net to clinch the tournament.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
A great result owing in no small part to sheer hard work.