Warriors battle to win at Aylsham
EAST COAST WARRIORS U12 squad split into Blue and Yellow teams for the Aylsham five-a-side tournament.
East Coast Blues battled valiantly, but were felled at the group stage.
East Coast Yellows finished second in their group, having won the first four matches convincingly, and lost the last to Firside, who topped the group by a one point differential.
There were exceptional performances all through the team with Luke Lozeau, Ryan Harris-Smith, Will Reid, Tyler Howell and Lewis Smith dominating in the outfield with speed, skill, and sheer determination to win and hold the ball. Paterson was solid in goal and took some excellent saves. Askew showed some astounding moves as he weaved around players time and again.
The boys then went on to play Aylsham B in the semi-finals, which was a battling and goal-rich affair, finishing 3-3. East Coast Yellows took the golden goal in added time with a scorcher of a full volley from Lewis Smith to roar them through to the finals, where they took on Aylsham A, who had narrowly pipped Firside in their semi-final.
The game was hard fought and every Coast outfield player pushed forward in turn, and took their shift getting back to defend.
There were some fine Aylsham volleys taken down by defence and keeper, and some sterling efforts denied at the other end. The tie finished goalless, and again the golden goal came into play. Aylsham took a shot at Paterson, who took it down, rolled out to the wing where Reid took to forward to the edge of the area and cut back to Lozeau who made no mistake in burying the ball in the Aylsham net to clinch the tournament.
- 1 'Teemu has a desire to play as high as possible' - Pukki's agent on City future
- 2 Teemu Pukki's future: The inside track from Finland
- 3 Chris Sutton: The City trio who need to perform in pre-season
- 4 Stephen Fry joins forces with Norwich City to raise awareness of mental health
- 5 Neil hones in on City Championship reunion
- 6 Canaries Q&A - with Paddy Davitt and Samuel Seaman
- 7 Feyenoord interested in Tzolis - reports
- 8 City announce academy pre-season schedule
- 9 'It reignited my career' - Crouch opens up on City loan spell
- 10 Surprise World Cup shot for ex-City boss
A great result owing in no small part to sheer hard work.