RECAP: Andorra U21s 3 England U21s 3
- Credit: PA
Max Aarons won his eighth cap for the England Under-21s this afternoon, with Norwich City team-mate Oliver Skipp staying on the bench as the Young Lions were held to a 3-3 draw in Andorra.
Canaries right-back Aarons has been a regular starter for Aidy Boothroyd since making his debut last September, playing in five of England’s six qualifiers in Group Three so far, starting four of them.
The Young Lions have won all six and are firmly on course to seal qualification, with a win in Andorra (2pm kick-off) to leave them on the verge of reaching the finals in Hungary and Slovenia next year, with a home game against Turkey at Molineux to follow on Tuesday.
Norwich’s on-loan Tottenham midfielder Skipp is on the bench, as is Ben Godfrey, fresh from City sealing the defender’s club record sale to Everton worth an initial £25million. Canaries midfielder Todd Cantwell is not involved in the latest squad.
Boothroyd appears to have kept his more experienced players on the bench against the minnows, including Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah and Tottenham left-back Ryan Sessegnon, who has joined Hoffenheim on loan.
You may also want to watch:
There are debuts for Liverpool defender Rhys Williams and attacker Curtis Jones, as well as Manchester United left-back Brandon Williams.
- You can re-live the game as it unfolded above
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City