Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 1-0 Championship win against Birmingham City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City got their Championship season up and running with a 1-0 victory over Birmingham City at Carrow Road.
The win came courtesy of Nelson Oliveira’s fourth club goal of the season in just the fifth minute and saw the Canaries bounce back from conceding four goals in poor defeats in successive away games before the international break.
Daniel Farke made five changes to the team which started the 4-0 defeat at Millwall, with Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann taking over in the centre of defence but Russell Martin and Marcel Franke were absent, along with Steven Naismith and Marley Watkins.
New signing Grant Hanley was among the substitutes, while Tom Trybull impressed on his full debut for the club alongside Alex Tettey in a new look 4-2-3-1 shape.
City are next in action again on Tuesday night at home to Burton, who were hammered 5-0 at promotion hopefuls Leeds United on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
• Click on the video to watch the best bits from a welcome three points at Carrow Road.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill