Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 1-0 Championship win against Birmingham City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City got their Championship season up and running with a 1-0 victory over Birmingham City at Carrow Road.
The win came courtesy of Nelson Oliveira’s fourth club goal of the season in just the fifth minute and saw the Canaries bounce back from conceding four goals in poor defeats in successive away games before the international break.
Daniel Farke made five changes to the team which started the 4-0 defeat at Millwall, with Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann taking over in the centre of defence but Russell Martin and Marcel Franke were absent, along with Steven Naismith and Marley Watkins.
New signing Grant Hanley was among the substitutes, while Tom Trybull impressed on his full debut for the club alongside Alex Tettey in a new look 4-2-3-1 shape.
City are next in action again on Tuesday night at home to Burton, who were hammered 5-0 at promotion hopefuls Leeds United on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
• Click on the video to watch the best bits from a welcome three points at Carrow Road.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City