Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 4-1 victory over Charlton Athletic in second round of the Carabao Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City sealed their place in the third round draw for the Carabao Cup with a 4-1 win over League One side Charlton at Carrow Road last night.
Re-live all the action above, ahead of tomorrow morning’s draw, being held in China at the farcical time of 4.15am (UK time).
Charlton shocked Carrow Road by taking the lead in the fifth minute after Steven Naismith lost possession and Lee Novak thumped the visitors in front.
Josh Murphy lashed City level with a low shot in the 21st minute but the Addicks continued to frustrate Daniel Farke’s team.
Murphy bundled through before striking City in front in the 52nd minute and Marley Watkins fired the Canaries 3-1 up in the 74th minute before debutant Tom Trybull put the icing on the cake late on.
Norwich City 4 Charlton 1 match report: Josh Murphy inspires Canaries’ League Cup win
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow’s draw is being held in Beijing, with the remaining Premier League teams entering as 16 ties are drawn, to be played in the week commencing September 18.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest