Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 4-1 victory over Charlton Athletic in second round of the Carabao Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City sealed their place in the third round draw for the Carabao Cup with a 4-1 win over League One side Charlton at Carrow Road last night.
Re-live all the action above, ahead of tomorrow morning’s draw, being held in China at the farcical time of 4.15am (UK time).
Charlton shocked Carrow Road by taking the lead in the fifth minute after Steven Naismith lost possession and Lee Novak thumped the visitors in front.
Josh Murphy lashed City level with a low shot in the 21st minute but the Addicks continued to frustrate Daniel Farke’s team.
Murphy bundled through before striking City in front in the 52nd minute and Marley Watkins fired the Canaries 3-1 up in the 74th minute before debutant Tom Trybull put the icing on the cake late on.
Norwich City 4 Charlton 1 match report: Josh Murphy inspires Canaries’ League Cup win
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow’s draw is being held in Beijing, with the remaining Premier League teams entering as 16 ties are drawn, to be played in the week commencing September 18.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 4 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 10 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw