Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 4-1 victory over Charlton Athletic in second round of the Carabao Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City sealed their place in the third round draw for the Carabao Cup with a 4-1 win over League One side Charlton at Carrow Road last night.
Re-live all the action above, ahead of tomorrow morning’s draw, being held in China at the farcical time of 4.15am (UK time).
Charlton shocked Carrow Road by taking the lead in the fifth minute after Steven Naismith lost possession and Lee Novak thumped the visitors in front.
Josh Murphy lashed City level with a low shot in the 21st minute but the Addicks continued to frustrate Daniel Farke’s team.
Murphy bundled through before striking City in front in the 52nd minute and Marley Watkins fired the Canaries 3-1 up in the 74th minute before debutant Tom Trybull put the icing on the cake late on.
Norwich City 4 Charlton 1 match report: Josh Murphy inspires Canaries’ League Cup win
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow’s draw is being held in Beijing, with the remaining Premier League teams entering as 16 ties are drawn, to be played in the week commencing September 18.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update